The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
"how dare i"?

yes, ooh i dare, and your gonna do what about it? im insulting one person because i dont like her that much and she annoyed me. Im sure that you have done the same in your life as well. Simple as that
Another thing.....i didnt want to go 2 newcastle....:P
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
@rocksteady

you're a f*cking wanker. take your head out your undoubtedly large arse, find yourself some friends, maybe a life. i'd love to knock seven shades of shit out of you and the many around this country like you who think they have some god-given right because they got 10 A* etc.
Reply 42
what is going on?
some of the people on these forums are so aggressive for no reason!!
i have no idea why you started attacking people and why it got so personal, especially since lilsunflower didn't actually seem to say anything bad, she was just being nice. Maybe somebody should email this page to Oxford so they can see what kind of people they have let in........

god help us if this is the future of the medical profession :rolleyes:
Reply 43
rocksteady99
i really hoped some1 wudnt post something like that mary. lets see now. i have 10A*s at Gcse, and an A. predicted AAA at a2, got an a at as. work experience-2 years weekly at hospital. 2 years monthly at hospice. 2 weeks in a foreign coutnry. 2 weeks at a ms home. lots of dedication, wud newcastle really reject me?

Grades arent everything fella, I got 10A* and A, 5As at AS, predicted 5As at A2, and didn't get an offer from oxford for maths, even though i felt i performed well in the interview. But theres no point getting wound up about it, especially when you have other offers, you should be greatful of that, I know plenty of able 4A students who haven't got any offers.
marymedic
Ur lucky you got into 2 med schools with that attitude.
If you think Nottingham is competitive, I would have loved to see you apply to Newcastle Medical School - they would have rejected you too, and you would be moaning too!

Plus Notts is VERY overrated anyway u wanna go to a decent med school like Newcastle :wink:

whats the obsession with newcastle?

oxford/cambridge r by far away the best the uni's in the country, especially 4 medicine.

nottingham is a more respected university than newcastle by the way.
i think ur a little obsessed.
Reply 45
beckispaghetti
OMG! Just came back to msg board and read what he had written, Im so sorry! Must apologise for him, must have had a nasty blow to the head :s-smilie: were not all like that!

lol, I agree, rocksteady is actually a nice guy (shocking, huh :eek: ?) even though he did come out with some harsh comments.

Sorry that you got rejected, if it's any consolation when I went to Notts on Medlink I didn't like it at all especially compared to London (but to each his own) but then again I've always been a London girl at heart :tongue: Hope you're feeling better about it all :smile:
Reply 46
ok, lets sort this out

I didnt mean 2 offend any1 with my initial post, and i think if you read it properly i didnt actually insult any person, or even the uni itself (apart from the title "notts blows" obviously"

To lilsunflower-don't tell me 2 "get off the forum" or 2 becki that she is a good friend, you have no idea who we are or where we live or the friendship between us. We are among the few ppl who actually know each other in reality on this forum!

To azz-i dont think i have a god given right, but i do think you need to visit anger management classes

To every1 else-sorry if i offended, but it wasnt my intention. No disrespect 2 notts or any1 going intended, seriously
Reply 47
rocksteady99
ok, lets sort this out

I didnt mean 2 offend any1 with my initial post, and i think if you read it properly i didnt actually insult any person, or even the uni itself (apart from the title "notts blows" obviously"

To lilsunflower-don't tell me 2 "get off the forum" or 2 becki that she is a good friend, you have no idea who we are or where we live or the friendship between us. We are among the few ppl who actually know each other in reality on this forum!

To azz-i dont think i have a god given right, but i do think you need to visit anger management classes

To every1 else-sorry if i offended, but it wasnt my intention. No disrespect 2 notts or any1 going intended, seriously

I understand, just the initial shock of being rejected spurred you on to start this thread. :wink:
Reply 48
rocksteady99
ok, lets sort this out

just gonna book myself into the priory . .

( hopefully see some fit famous birds :wink: )
reading this thread made me laugh. i love it when people get all het up over the internet. (sunflower lady i think i know you from the downing board.. hi!)

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 50
I think everyone on this thread needs to calm down....

It's clear that everyone seems to be quite stressed out what with university decisions coming through recently....

Rejection isn't the end of the world...

And Rocksteady....i'm sorry you got rejected by nottingham....but they don't just look at grades....you've got to have loads of other stuff to boost your application...

G
Reply 51
marymedic
Well lets see.........considering mediocroe nottingham rejected you, i would say YES you would get rejected from Newcastle :wink:
I got all 4 offers when i applied so suck on that :wink:
Newcastl eis the best med school in the UK and everyone knows that :wink:

*yawn* how immature
Reply 52
azz
@rocksteady

you're a f*cking wanker. take your head out your undoubtedly large arse, find yourself some friends, maybe a life. i'd love to knock seven shades of shit out of you and the many around this country like you who think they have some god-given right because they got 10 A* etc.

:biggrin: :wink: :tongue: :rolleyes: :cool: :smile:
Reply 53
marymedic
Well lets see.........considering mediocroe nottingham rejected you, i would say YES you would get rejected from Newcastle :wink:
I got all 4 offers when i applied so suck on that :wink:
Newcastl eis the best med school in the UK and everyone knows that :wink:

By the way, you can't spell. It's mediocre not mediocroe, dont tell me it's a typo because o is knowhere near e on the board. So please don't argue with someone who you clearly aren't half as intelligent as.ha what a joke. Do you even know what it means? Please have a dictionary by your side before you ever think of posting a message.
PuffDaddy
By the way, you can't spell. It's mediocre not mediocroe, dont tell me it's a typo because o is knowhere near e on the board. So please don't argue with someone who you clearly aren't half as intelligent as.ha what a joke. Do you even know what it means? Please have a dictionary by your side before you ever think of posting a message.

she/he is just some random troll, as i said before it's best to ignore them, they are probably just some sad 12 year old loser who gets kicks from spamming
Reply 55
There's nothing wrong with 12 year old losers who get kicks from spamming. Biatch!

Isn't that right Rocksteady?
Reply 56
Notss just rejected me - for Psychology :'(
*Riz*
Notss just rejected me - for Psychology :'(

Ooooh, Im sorry! Maybe Nottingham does really "blow"! Where else have u applied? U heard from any of ur others? Im applying for Psy too! In fact a tutor for psychology at Nottingham was really condescending and patronising to me!
Reply 58
My first choice will be either Warwick or Lancaster both of which I have offers from.
Reply 59
gzftan
I think everyone on this thread needs to calm down....

It's clear that everyone seems to be quite stressed out what with university decisions coming through recently....

Rejection isn't the end of the world...

And Rocksteady....i'm sorry you got rejected by nottingham....but they don't just look at grades....you've got to have loads of other stuff to boost your application...

G

i agree. and besides, it's not like you guys don't get any offer. oxford and warwick! if i were you, i would be happy enough =)

Latest

Trending

Trending