The Student Room Group

If you need to blow your nose during exams: USE WET WIPES

Whenever I’m doing a class exam or mock, I always have this sudden need to blow my nose. I don’t know why, it just happens. Perhaps because I’m self-aware of my every action or sound in the silent exam room, or nerves, or gravity from continuously looking down (at the exam paper), or another reason. Usually in all these years, I would use normal tissue- and, I wouldn’t just be done the first time. Being honest, I would 100% of the time need to redo the blowing (sometimes I’d be too shy to ask for another tissue in an exam though, I’d need to wait until the exam is finished :frown: ).
As luck would have it, one day, on the day of a mock, I forgot to bring tissue. However, all I had was open-and-reseal wet wipes, and I brought that to the exam hall. There I realised that all these years, I’ve been missing on the, uh? Enjoyable, quick, easy experience that blowing your nose with wet wipes have!

1) Whether the wet wipes are thinner or not, or the same area or smaller, than a typical tissue, they cover a wider space. I don’t know how, but they do
2) Due to the water which reduces friction, I can cover a wider area (it’s also more enjoyable and easy)
So I don’t need to redo it (and again, it feels much better). It’s also less embarrassment than asking the examiner for tissue twice :wink:

This may also help you with sensory issues; just make sure that they’re not scented if you’re highly sensitive to scent. Mine are reasonably scented, but it’s not a problem at all even though I have sensory issues. I doubt anyone would find a problem with the scent tho, even if they have sensory issues

Just sharing my discovery lmao. Blowing noses was a great difficulty of mine during exams, and this simple replacement just healed it

Edit: I put my wipes (which have writing on them etc) on my table, the examiners have never said anything against it or even pointed it out
(edited 1 month ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Original post by Sha.xo527
Whenever I’m doing a class exam or mock, I always have this sudden need to blow my nose. I don’t know why, it just happens. Perhaps because I’m self-aware of my every action or sound in the silent exam room, or nerves, or gravity from continuously looking down (at the exam paper), or another reason. Usually in all these years, I would use normal tissue- and, I wouldn’t just be done the first time. Being honest, I would 100% of the time need to redo the blowing (sometimes I’d be too shy to ask for another tissue in an exam though, I’d need to wait until the exam is finished :frown: ).
As luck would have it, one day, on the day of a mock, I forgot to bring tissue. However, all I had was open-and-reseal wet wipes, and I brought that to the exam hall. There I realised that all these years, I’ve been missing on the, uh? Enjoyable, quick, easy experience that blowing your nose with wet wipes have!
1) Whether the wet wipes are thinner or not, or the same area or smaller, than a typical tissue, they cover a wider space. I don’t know how, but they do
2) Due to the water which reduces friction, I can cover a wider area (it’s also more enjoyable and easy)
So I don’t need to redo it (and again, it feels much better). It’s also less embarrassment than asking the examiner for tissue twice :wink:
This may also help you with sensory issues; just make sure that they’re not scented if you’re highly sensitive to scent. Mine are reasonably scented, but it’s not a problem at all even though I have sensory issues. I doubt anyone would find a problem with the scent tho, even if they have sensory issues
Just sharing my discovery lmao. Blowing noses was a great difficulty of mine during exams, and this simple replacement just healed it
Edit: I put my wipes (which have writing on them etc) on my table, the examiners have never said anything against it or even pointed it out

Yes

Quick Reply

Latest