The Student Room Group

Low calorie alcoholic drink

I'm going download festival next week and need ideas for stuff to drink......I obviously know vodka and diet mixer. But i need a more casual drink that isn't calorific.

Also reguarding food should I just eat 3 meals a day and hopefully the calories im drinking will even out to what food I'm missing.....I figure with 3 meals a day muscle loss wont happen.

it wouldn't bother me so much but I went to a festival last week and piled on fat after a couple days of drinking and dload is 5 days worth and close to the other festival.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
how calorific is wine.....more specifically rose?....i could mix that with diet lemonade.

i just wish my tolerence for alcohol was appalling.
Reply 2
To be honest, spirits and diet mixers are the main options... Not sure what you mean by more 'casual' drinks, but drinks like beer and wine have surprising amounts of calories in... and don't get me started on sugary things like WKD!
A shot of most spirits as around 55 calories, and they can stay that way with diet mixers.
And are you sure that it was fat you put on? It might just be water retention from the alcohol... like sometimes the morning after the night before you discover you've put on like 3 pounds, but by the next morning its gone.
But yeah 3 meals is the best way, to be honest I doubt you'll feel particularly hungry on that while you are distracted by the music and things, and drinking too :smile:
Hope that helped a tiny bit :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Oh and:
http://www.herbalvitality.info/articles/how-many-calories-in-wine-beer.htm
Thats a list of wine and beer calories. According to that, just under 100 in a small glass of rose but nearing 200 for a large one :redface:
there are low-calorie alcopops that taste a bit like flavoured water, they were quite nice, strawberry or apple :smile:
Reply 5
Spirits and diet mixers are your best option
Reply 6
Water.
Reply 7
Can't you just do a day on the booze and a day off or something? Surely a couple of days on the lager won't ruin you...
just get **** faced on beer, but dont eat.
Reply 9
Preeeeeettttty sure putting on a couple pounds while you enjoy yourself is probably better for you that taking ecstasy?!

And wow what are the low calorie alcopops called?! They sound yummy :smile:
I find gin to be the best to get plowed with minimal calories.
Reply 11
franchango
Oh and:
http://www.herbalvitality.info/articles/how-many-calories-in-wine-beer.htm
Thats a list of wine and beer calories. According to that, just under 100 in a small glass of rose but nearing 200 for a large one :redface:

i thought vodka was 50cals per double and lager 300 cals per pint....its gone the opposite way that I wanted.....i normally take a 1.5l of vodka and thats 3600 calories before ive even touched beer which ill have to drink in the arena and ill want to drink back at the tent......vodka has seriously let me down...the quicker they make alcohol tablets and widely available the better.....id be ripped without booze and loaded.
Hugh-Jackman
i thought vodka was 50cals per double and lager 300 cals per pint....its gone the opposite way that I wanted.....i normally take a 1.5l of vodka and thats 3600 calories before ive even touched beer which ill have to drink in the arena and ill want to drink back at the tent......vodka has seriously let me down...the quicker they make alcohol tablets and widely available the better.....id be ripped without booze and loaded.

Dude alcohol is like fat... 9kcal/gram... life blows huh man?
Reply 13
Hugh-Jackman

Haha alcohol tablets...now there's an idea! Don't some places do like alcohol gas or something that goes into your bloodstream faster and obviously has no calories. Genius! Although people look odd at parties with tubes up their noses, in my opinion.
And woaahhh you can really handle your vodka!
My past experiences have been along the lines of eat less, meaning you save money on food... you get drunk quicker on an emptier stomach... so you need less alcohol for the whole time... so you save even more money on alcohol and save more calories! Haha. But thats possibly not the healthiest way of going about it. :rolleyes:
Reply 14
Jake22
Can't you just do a day on the booze and a day off or something? Surely a couple of days on the lager won't ruin you...

normally id agree....its just that i did that last weekend.....im doing it for 5 days the week coming up.....then the world cup is on and at the end of june im drinking for a week straight on holiday.

plus its the sheer amount of alcohol i consume....i know a lot of people say they can drink a lot but my tolerence disgusts me sometimes....my 3 main drinking mates have all got stomach ulcers in their early 20's from drinking and eating crap.....luckily I eat well.
Reply 15
just have vodka and tonic water, sugar level is much lower in spirit/diet mixers.
thats your best option i reckon.
Just drink so much that you puke. Problem solved.
Don't Bacardi Breezers do a sugar free option now?
Reply 18
bacardi breezer wouldnt touch me......i drank 2 big bottles before and didn't feel slightly pissed....just gassed.

vodka and mixer will be my staple i reckon....then pills and some beer.....plenty of walking and moshing should do the rest.
Reply 19
Water.
No seriously, it was in my friend's medical textbook that you can get drunk on water. That said, you really need to drink ridiculous amounts of it. But it's free and calories-free :h:

Latest