The Student Room Group

trade a lipsy dress from littewoods

hi... my grandmother bought me this dress from lipsy, but it was off littlewoods. it was a gift and it was 75 pound. i dont really like it but i cant ask her to send it back cos i dont wanna hurt her feelings and i always send back stuff that she sends me because i never like it.
so basically i was wondering as its from littlewoods and its only a catalouge thing, could i take the dress into my local lipsy store and swap it for something else? even though it was bought from littlewoods? i dont have a receipt but i'd be swapping it anyway. would they know?
Reply 1
Does it have all the lipsy tags? (Ive never bought anything from lipsy before so i dont know their kind of labelling etc). But if you can tell the difference i imagine you'd be able to exchange it. Obviously you can't get a refund without the receipt though.
Reply 2
I would've thought you could do it, yeah. If you get questioned say your grandma just said 'it's from Lipsy' so you assumed it was the store.
Reply 3
It's definitely worth a shot, if it has all the tags intact and they sell that dress in the shop.
Reply 4
hmm i suppose your all right so thanks :smile: only t hing is it costs more from littlewoods than it does from lipsy, duno why! still has the lipsy tags on though. suppose its worth a shot anyway.... like haithere said i can just say my gran said it was from lipsy or something and i assumed it was the store :P
Reply 5
You should be able to get an exchange. I work in a department store and the concessions often accept returns purchased from our store.

Latest