The Student Room Group
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website

Financial Development Stage: Spot - Futures - Options?

Can crypto options rewrite the rules of the financial game, propelling us into a new era of financial market development? That is, Spot trading -> Futures trading -> Options trading as the three big waves?
Reply 1
It is my belief that this could be possible considering the significant growth of the options market in traditional financial sectors like stocks and commodities, which has consistently exceeded the performance of both spot and futures markets. Nonetheless, the advancement of options in the crypto market remains relatively limited.
Main Concourse, Brunel University
Brunel University London
Uxbridge
Visit website
Reply 2
I agree with you. The options market has indeed shown remarkable growth and effectiveness in traditional financial sectors. If we apply similar principles and strategies to the crypto market, it has the potential to drive its development further.

I've read some trustful resources and figure out that: DeFi options will usher in a "new era" and propel the cryptocurrency market to new heights. Compared to CeFi, DeFi is regarded as more flexible and transparent. Magadini predicts exponential growth in the combination of DeFi and derivatives, particularly options trading, in 2023. He even suggests that all investors will desire to engage in DeFi options trading as they grasp market trends, ultimately propelling the cryptocurrency market to unprecedented heights. The total locked value (TVL) of the top 10 DeFi options markets has already surpassed $180 million, highlighting the clear and increasing popularity of options trading (according to Amberdata).

Moreover, there is a restricted range of exchanges that specifically cater to options traders, including DBOE, Deribit, and others.
Original post by andrew fay
It is my belief that this could be possible considering the significant growth of the options market in traditional financial sectors like stocks and commodities, which has consistently exceeded the performance of both spot and futures markets. Nonetheless, the advancement of options in the crypto market remains relatively limited.
Reply 3
From my standpoint, I align with this perspective, firmly believing that options possess the potential to propel the cryptocurrency market forward and mark its third phase of development. However, the limited adoption of options, specifically in the domain of traditional European-style options on cryptocurrency exchanges, can be attributed to the swift and significant volatility that characterizes the crypto market. While Binance serves as a platform for American-style options, options trading is not its primary focus. Personally, I have encountered difficulties when attempting to utilize Deribit. Currently, DBOE shines as a potentially convenient and user-friendly exchange, offering favored European-style options trading approaches that encompass staggered strike prices and weekly expiration dates, thereby resonating with conventional investors. Importantly, DBOE operates as a decentralized exchange (DEX).

Original post by Baldwindy
Can crypto options rewrite the rules of the financial game, propelling us into a new era of financial market development? That is, Spot trading -> Futures trading -> Options trading as the three big waves?
Reply 4
Despite being recognized as the next phase in the crypto market, options face low adoption rates primarily due to the inherent volatility of the market. Deribit is often perceived as complex, while Binance lacks specialization in this area. On the other hand, DBOE stands out for its user-friendly approach, providing European-style options with staggered strike prices, all while operating as a decentralized exchange.

I am in complete agreement that embarking on options trading on the DBOE Exchange is an exceptional undertaking. The ability to assume the dual roles of options buyer and seller presents immense flexibility, enabling me to maximize potential profits. The trading fees offered by the DBOE Exchange, typically ranging from $0.1 to $0.2 per transaction, are remarkably competitive, particularly considering its status as a decentralized exchange (DEX) employing the on-chain CLOB model. Another notable feature of the DBOE Exchange is its wide array of expiration dates, including daily and weekly expirations for an extensive range of options contracts. It is evident that the DBOE Exchange stands at the forefront of decentralized options trading platforms.
Reply 6
Join the renowned "How to Master Options" competition organized by DBOE Academy to enhance your derivatives options trading skills. Dive into the world of trading on dboe.exchange, expand your knowledge, and master profitable strategies. Kickstart your journey with an impressive 10,000 NUSD for practice trading and aim for the top traders.
Original post by James Browns
I am in complete agreement that embarking on options trading on the DBOE Exchange is an exceptional undertaking. The ability to assume the dual roles of options buyer and seller presents immense flexibility, enabling me to maximize potential profits. The trading fees offered by the DBOE Exchange, typically ranging from $0.1 to $0.2 per transaction, are remarkably competitive, particularly considering its status as a decentralized exchange (DEX) employing the on-chain CLOB model. Another notable feature of the DBOE Exchange is its wide array of expiration dates, including daily and weekly expirations for an extensive range of options contracts. It is evident that the DBOE Exchange stands at the forefront of decentralized options trading platforms.
Reply 7
If you prioritize flexibility and safety in your trading endeavors, crypto options offered by DBOE Exchange are the ideal choice over futures contracts and spot trading. Take advantage of the extensive range of expiration dates, designed to cater to diverse trading preferences and strategies

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending