The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
My sister had offer for AAB at imperial and got in for ABBB
Reply 21
My daughter's offer was C C C. She got B B D and was rejected. It depends how many others make their offers.
Reply 22
I hope it depends a lot on Course Popularity,
Hopefully Biomaterials and Tissue Engineering would be lenient with grades at Sheffield.
I really want to get in, but an ABB isn't easy.
Reply 23
My offer is AAA; so say I get A*AB (although if all goes to plan, it should be A*AA); will I still get in?
Electronic engineering and Southampton...
Reply 24
unamed
My offer is AAA; so say I get A*AB (although if all goes to plan, it should be A*AA); will I still get in?
Electronic engineering and Southampton...

Soton do it on UCAS points though right (Well for mine anyway)? So yeah?
Reply 25
Wesssty
Soton do it on UCAS points thought right (Well for mine anyway)? So yeah?

Do they? Mine's on grades. Hmm...
Maybe being international makes a difference?
Or the course?
I guess we'll find out on August 19th :yep:
Reply 26
my cousin last year, birmingham uni, engineering or something offer was AAB and he got... wait for it... BCC haha
Sephirona
How high is the possibility of getting into your firm if you don't exactly meet your grades? For instance if your offer was AAB and you end up getting BBB?

Due to the recent shortage of places, which started last/this (academic) year you might not be too lucky, unless you have a particularly amazing PS, reasons for dropping grades, or something along those lines.

However, it does happen! Before i dropped out i was in Surrey for psychology and sociology, my offer was BBB but i got in with BCC. And i must've been very lucky, people around me had AAB/ABB offers. Though it's probably important to note that my tutor had connections there (from lecturing) so when the admissions tutor saw the amazing reference and the author of it he was probably convinced.
Reply 28
I got into my course (see sig) with ABC when my offer was AAB. Apparently I got lucky that my year a few people missed offers (Manchester give offers that match your predicted grades so you don't slack off, so anyone with over-hopeful teachers at sixth form would have found it hard to match it- like me!) and then they decided who could still get in based on personal statements, and they liked mine.
Reply 29
so do they look at your personal statement again when deciding? Im not really sure how it works but I just assumed that maybe if theres more than a few who didnt get the grades they needed then they might decide based on that?
my sister got into nottingham with BBC and needed ABB. that was 2 years ago so she was very lucky - I doubt they'd let you in with that now!
They usually give more offers than they have places I believe, as they don't expect every single person to get the grades. This caused a problem a few years ago when more people got grades than expected, so they probably make it harder now!

I don't think you would get in if you missed it by so many points. If it was only by one point perhaps or something in one subject then possibly. Depends on the Uni too, top Unis would probably be stricter.
Reply 31
*absinthe*
I'm also worried about this :frown: i got offered BB (only doing 2 subjects because of medical reasons and missing alot of school not because im lazy :wink: ) and i think BC is more reasonable. I hate having this feeling that i'm not gonna get in.

SAME. What's worse is I don't think I'll make my insurance either :frown:.
I don't know about other unis but I know Kent are quite lenient. My friend is doing some history/ archeology course there and his offer was ABB... He got in with CDE. I don't know of many others getting with such low grades, but I know of many people missing grades and still getting in.

I guess it also depends if your course is oversubscribed. My course isn't that popular, and to get on it the offer was BBB, they lowered my offer to BC (only doing two a levels) so it can't be that bad.
I did. Although the entry requirements have done up since then, and I wouldn't get in if I applied now. :pinch:
katebushfan
I don't know about other unis but I know Kent are quite lenient. My friend is doing some history/ archeology course there and his offer was ABB... He got in with CDE. I don't know of many others getting with such low grades, but I know of many people missing grades and still getting in.

I guess it also depends if your course is oversubscribed. My course isn't that popular, and to get on it the offer was BBB, they lowered my offer to BC (only doing two a levels) so it can't be that bad.

:wtf: he got in with CDE when his offer was ABB. lol what uni is this?
A friend needed BBB to get into liverpool, she got BCC and they still accepted her.
Depends on the uni/course
What if I was to say get A*A*B when my offer was AAA. I mean I am rpedicted A*A*A but I might slip up in the A subject which is the dreaded physics :frown:
I'm hoping to get an A* in maths though which they should look on with high regard.
Tsukuyomi
:wtf: he got in with CDE when his offer was ABB. lol what uni is this?
A friend needed BBB to get into liverpool, she got BCC and they still accepted her.
Depends on the uni/course

It was at Kent. Which is weird as they're not a bad uni. I mean they're not in the top 10 but for certain subjects they're one of the best universities to go to.

I guess it does usually depend on the course though, his was quite unpopular :smile:.
They wanted AAB and I got BBB, but they still accepted me on a slightly different course. :smile:
Reply 38
Sephirona
How high is the possibility of getting into your firm if you don't exactly meet your grades? For instance if your offer was AAB and you end up getting BBB?

thats exactly what my offer was and almost exactly what I got and I got in. But I did 4 alevels so I think the overall ucas points worked out although im not sure
Reply 39
How much does an international student affect the decision seeing as we're paying a hella lot more.

Latest

Trending

Trending