The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths Non Calc 7th June 2010

How did everyone find it?

More difficult than the previous papers I thought, but I only made up the answer to the last question after factorising it.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I thought it was very difficult in comparison to past papers...
The questions were presented strangely and it really threw me :s-smilie:
The end q) i factorised and then divided to get somethinbg like
5x-11/2x... i cant really remember.
The algebra addition grid was really simultaneous equations... i think and i ended up with -1,7 and 5 but i cant remember which was z/y/x.

The mountain question really confused me for a while cos i didnt realise you had to refer to the other page for tan26.6.. then i think i worked it out wrong anyway, but i hope i got marks for working..

I really hope the grade boundaries for this go down!
It was horrible =(
Reply 3
end question was too hard, didn't get it. grid one i had -1, 7 and 5 too. i didnt get the mountain one either but i just wrote some relevent stuff down.

for the second to last question, did you get some wierd answers like 16y pie cubed or something along those lines
Reply 4
It killed my brains.
Reply 5
livvyyy
end question was too hard, didn't get it. grid one i had -1, 7 and 5 too. i didnt get the mountain one either but i just wrote some relevent stuff down.

for the second to last question, did you get some wierd answers like 16y pie cubed or something along those lines

For the second to last question I got something along the lines of 12ypie/2, all my answers for that were in fraction form.

I hated the paper.
Reply 6
Did anyone else have to do difference of two squares on the last question? Like (x-11)(x+11) ? The question about working out the number of sides, where it gave 168degree angles threw me... oh dear.
Reply 7
livvyyy

Yeah i got 16y pie cubed too for one of the shapes :smile:. Did you end up with the size order from smallest to largest being sphere --> Cone --> Cylinder?
Reply 8
i thought that was awful!! the worst so far by miles :frown:
Reply 9
I thought that I had the wrong paper for the first couple of questions cause it was so easy but then got to the mountain one and went downhill from there :-s
Reply 10
hellloo :smile: is everyone talking about the linear 4306/1h paper (i think) cos dont remember there being any of the questions mentioned in the paper :/
Reply 11
I thought this paper was harder than previous ones. Did anyone else think that there seemed to be lots of 5 mark/6 mark questions, more than there usually are?
I found the addition grid really fun actually, I quite enjoyed it haha. I got -1, 7 and 5 also.
Reply 12
it was easy except the last question. didn't get it...
hope i can pick up extra marks on the calculator paper.(that's on friday)
Reply 13
what paper is everyone talking about?

i did an aqa non cac too, but my last question wos probability?
yeah I got the sphere cone cylinder thing :-)
Reply 15
kt3991
hellloo :smile: is everyone talking about the linear 4306/1h paper (i think) cos dont remember there being any of the questions mentioned in the paper :/

thats the one i did :smile: everyone else seems to be talking about something diff....was probabilty ur last q?
Reply 16
SharpSchool
Yeah i got 16y pie cubed too for one of the shapes :smile:. Did you end up with the size order from smallest to largest being sphere --> Cone --> Cylinder?

Oh dear oh dear. I think I totally failed this question then. My order was completely different, I think.
Reply 17
far too many icky long questions. And i understand the addition grid now! -.-
Reply 18
n33t
what paper is everyone talking about?

i did an aqa non cac too, but my last question wos probability?

Are you doing the course that isn't split up into modules?
the boundaries will definintely go down, without a doubt. i havent heard anyone say it was easy so they must have to go down. but the calc paper will probs be easy because this one was so hard!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending