The Student Room Group

RAF aircraft tech...

Well basically as iv said before on previous threads im applying for Aircraft Technician (mechanical) wich is unfortunatly closed at the moment :mad: but anyway i phone up my afco about once every 2 weeks just to see if there has been any news and usually they say it will be open in two months but when i phoned up this time they said not untill january ! :eek: But they also asked if i was applying Qualified or unqualified now im guessing that i am just going in unqualified but i have never been asked this before or infact ever heard it before so what does it mean Qualified ? does this mean a returning Aircraft Technician or someone who has done a course at a uni ?
Reply 1
If you are Qualified it means that you have the necessary qualifications for the job. i.e for Aircraft Tech its GCSE maths, english and science at grade C or above. If you dont have all of these then you are unqualified. Unqualified people can still get through if you do really well on the AST (Airmans Selection Test).
Reply 2
Aww thanks mate :biggrin: this means i am qualified ! :biggrin: haha i just assumed to be 'Qualified' meant to have some sort of degree ! haha

Latest