The Student Room Group

AQA ENGLISH LANGUAGE PAPER 1 HIGHER June 2010

This poll is closed

How many marks will i lose (if i do lose any)?

1 mark33%
2 marks33%
3 marks0%
4 marks33%
Total votes: 3
In my exam today, for section b, i choose the task to write a letter, and i wrote valid points in the letter and set it out in the correct way, except due to the pressure right at the start, i wrote the names of the people addressed to in the wrong way. so in the top right corner, i wrote the person addressed to and in the other place i wrote my own address. (they were in the incorrect places)

Is this a serious issue and will it reduce my grade to like a B or C or even a D because of it? Another thing i did was not keep my indenting consistent and i indented once in the opening paragraph. (everything else was fine as far as i can remember)

will my grade be reduced significantly and how many marks would i lose?

ive checked through all AQA marking criteria for letters in this specimen and it mentions nothing on it and it focuses mainly on the stuff you write in the letter. so hopefully i wont be penalised for this? :frown:

thanks
Reply 1
No it shouldnt do , they will be just looking in the letter to see what methods you have used and how many you have used , im sure they will not deduct marks for putting the adresses in the wrong order
x
Reply 2
Naa, don't worry!
They are probably going to give you marks for actually knowing to put addresses down.
I didn't even put my own address down :s-smilie: lol
Reply 3
You dont have to put adresses down just sya

Dear (...),

TO SHOW U know its a letter thats ALLL

P.s. i think i failed this no more A for me not the best paper i must say gonna en d up with a B sigh
Reply 4
there not marking you based on if you can set it out properly, they more concerned with what you are actually writing in the letter and what you have included. i done the persuading question aswell and i only wrote one address, but im not worrying over it :smile:
Reply 5
well structure is important but you don't have to do all 'proper' if you know what i mean

Dear blah blah, would be fine
Reply 6
Addresses? I thouught it was an article? maybe i'm not on the right thread - was it the one with "my grandmother is my love"?
I'm guessing that you have already got your results but i was told by my english teacher that it doesn't matter. If it is any different plz tell me. I'm sure you did amazing anyway. xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending