The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OMG I overslept!!!
Reply 2
Original post by i_&#9829
I found it much easier then I imagined, completely messed up on the 12 maker but managed the 8 marker just fine. In total I skipped 4 questions so a total of 24 points down the drain. I answered the rest confidently so I should still get a decent grade out of this ordeal. :s-smilie:

^ this! I was exactly the same. I only had one Kiecolt-Glaser et al study as I thought it'd be more broader than JUST the immune system.
But I'm pleased :biggrin:

For the reasons why people conform, did you put about like normative and informative? as well as things like gender/group size/personality?
Reply 3
Electric Indigo
OMG I overslept!!!

really?
for the why people conform one i wrote about asch's study and moscovici not normative and informative :s
Reply 5
I loved it! Except for the question on the laws on smoking. Was that asking for majority or minority influence? Either way it's not on the specification so it was a bit nasty to ask it :angry:

Also, how do you evaluate explanations of conformity? I talked about Asch and Crutchfield but it didn't really evaluate them :s
Reply 6
esachica
^ this! I was exactly the same. I only had one Kiecolt-Glaser et al study as I thought it'd be more broader than JUST the immune system.

For the reasons why people conform, did you put about like normative and informative? as well as things like gender/group size/personality?

What question was that? My mind is usually blank when leaving exams and I remember nothing. :o:
Reply 7
esachica

I said about normative, informative & social learning:smile:
Reply 8
x0carrie0x
I loved it! Except for the question on the laws on smoking. Was that asking for majority or minority influence? Either way it's not on the specification so it was a bit nasty to ask it :angry:

Also, how do you evaluate explanations of conformity? I talked about Asch and Crutchfield but it didn't really evaluate them :s

I wrote about minority influence for the smoking one.

Asch study I nearly blanked on evaluation but just wrote about how it only used males and something else I can't remember.
Reply 9
needssomehelpplease
for the why people conform one i wrote about asch's study and moscovici not normative and informative :s

I wrote about Moscovici too, buh also about things like gender/proximity of allies/stuff like that. I dunno if that was right but I know many people wrote about normative/informative.
Reply 10
Can I just ask a question - where was the question on smoking bans!? About social change, what questions were before and after it - it wasnt on my exam :|
Reply 11
x0carrie0x

I think they do it because they want you to be able to apply psychology to different real life situations. Hence the real life applications in the text book (if you use the same as I do).

Basically for the explanations question you describe the explanations of conformity and then say the good and bad points:smile:
esachica
I wrote about Moscovici too, buh also about things like gender/proximity of allies/stuff like that. I dunno if that was right but I know many people wrote about normative/informative.

Wasn't the question something like outline and evaluate why people conform? I'm sure they directly asked for a study.
Reply 13
I wrote about minority influence for the smoking one.

Asch study I nearly blanked on evaluation but just wrote about how it only used males and something else I can't remember.

hm ok, minority influence is definitely not on the spec so should be low grade boundaries there :smile:

Ah i didn't evaluate Asch at all. I just mentioned how it would seem that it was normative influence in Asch however, some participants said they doubted their own judgments and Crutchfield appears to show that it was actually informational. Something about how this shows that it's hard to clearly explain conformity :s-smilie: lol
It said outline and evaluate! How do you evaluate normative and inforamtion SI?

For the smoking one, was a complete guess i just wrote about minority's and them protesting :s
This paper was a lot harder than the first one!
OMG if i didnt revise Stress and Immune system this morning i wouldve flopped the 12 marker completely! I sooo knew that was likely to come up! Hope it went well.
I liked the abnormality questions minus the last one on CBT :/
Reply 15
The 12 mark question didn't make sense to me. It wasn't asking anything specific, so I just threw in all the stuff I could remember about stress and the immune system. Other than that, I did ok, only missed one 4-marker and that was out of total stupidity :| Should be ok though :smile:
Reply 16
What question was that? My mind is usually blank when leaving exams and I remember nothing. :o:

um it was 8 marks? Mine too XD it was like evaluate and explain the reasons peole conform or something.
Kay :)
Can I just ask a question - where was the question on smoking bans!? About social change, what questions were before and after it - it wasnt on my exam :|

Can't remember where but it was on the left hand side of the page and took up the whole page, I think it was 8 marks but can't remember that.
Social change was 4 marks and then on the other page there was tick boxes on internalisation and after that was the 8 marker on conformity
x0carrie0x
hm ok, minority influence is definitely not on the spec so should be low grade boundaries there :smile:

Ah i didn't evaluate Asch at all. I just mentioned how it would seem that it was normative influence in Asch however, some participants said they doubted their own judgments and Crutchfield appears to show that it was actually informational. Something about how this shows that it's hard to clearly explain conformity :s-smilie: lol

Didn't you learn about minority influence, the theory behind how a minority can change a majorities opinions?

Latest

Trending

Trending