The Student Room Group

AQA Core 4 - 15 June 2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Amit92
I mean what degree..not the University because it doesn't say in your sig :smile:

At the time was Networking, but I feel I'm wasting the Maths and Further Maths. So I'm thinking of something else, really not the time to be thinking haha :p:
Reply 41
Jeester
Somethings telling me that it's bad I do not know what a polynomial is...

Lol. How did you find C3? Put it like this. My chances of getting an A* have just gone out of the window. :cry: :cry2:

A polynomial is somethings like x^3 + x^2 - 5x + 1= 0

And then you have to divide by something like 2x -1

It's easy peasy lemon squeezy!! :elmo:
Reply 42
c0nfus3d
Lol. How did you find C3? Put it like this. My chances of getting an A* have just gone out of the window. :cry: :cry2:

A polynomial is somethings like x^3 + x^2 - 5x + 1= 0

And then you have to divide by something like 2x -1

It's easy peasy lemon squeezy!! :elmo:

Ooooooooh yeah!
This exam is going to be a fail.

I thought Core 3 went alright! I know I made one stupid mistake. 8^2 is not 16. :facepalm: but otherwise I think it was pretty straight forward.

(Though I wouldn't of been able to do it without extra time.)

I'm sure you will do well enough to get an a* in this exam!
I thought I had failed Core 3 in jan but got 82... (Retook for higher chances of a*) so do really well in core 4 and we'll all be laughing.

Here's hoping for an easy exam.
Reply 43
Zeento
didn't like the fact that it was so different from the past papers.. too many log and 'e's involved for my liking!

Same! I completely agree! Also, no integration by substitution which i love :frown:
Reply 44
Jeester
Ooooooooh yeah!
This exam is going to be a fail.

I thought Core 3 went alright! I know I made one stupid mistake. 8^2 is not 16. :facepalm: but otherwise I think it was pretty straight forward.

(Though I wouldn't of been able to do it without extra time.)

I'm sure you will do well enough to get an a* in this exam!
I thought I had failed Core 3 in jan but got 82... (Retook for higher chances of a*) so do really well in core 4 and we'll all be laughing.

Here's hoping for an easy exam.

one stupid mistake?! I made a gazillion! I'll just work my socks off for C4. I really hope the examiner's high and overlooks all my stupeeeed mistakes. :biggrin:
Reply 45
I need 80 UMS to get my A*, so I'm just hoping we don't get some odd vectors question!
After my C3 exam I pretty sure I'll need around 100% in this for an A*.

But it's not too bad as I've always found C4 easier than C3 for some reason. Although I'm yet to start any past papers.. Think i'll start now actually.
Reply 47
c0nfus3d
one stupid mistake?! I made a gazillion! I'll just work my socks off for C4. I really hope the examiner's high and overlooks all my stupeeeed mistakes. :biggrin:

I don't suppose you've done Jan '09?

EDIT=Ignore this!
Reply 48
MasterJomi
After my C3 exam I pretty sure I'll need around 100% in this for an A*.

But it's not too bad as I've always found C4 easier than C3 for some reason. Although I'm yet to start any past papers.. Think i'll start now actually.

I've noticed you've got all the same exams as me this week, how's the revision for Mechanics 2 going?
Reply 49
If anyone is interested, here is the Jan 2010 paper: http://download53.mediafire.com/jj2qj4nvlwlg/fzj52lvz32m/AQA+MPC4+Jan+2010.pdf
Anyone else feeling unprepared for core 4? :/
Reply 51
Jeester
I don't suppose you've done Jan '09?

EDIT=Ignore this!

Eh?? C4 Jan 2009? Or C3 Jan 2009? Because I've done both :biggrin:
Reply 52
c0nfus3d
Eh?? C4 Jan 2009? Or C3 Jan 2009? Because I've done both :biggrin:

I meant Core 4, I was confused about something but it doesn't matter any more.:p:
Reply 53
I want to perfect my C4!! I always end up losing marks on either vectors or something stupid.
Reply 54
overclocked
Anyone else feeling unprepared for core 4? :/

Me.

:cry2:
Reply 55
ajgaj
Same! I completely agree! Also, no integration by substitution which i love :frown:

well i hate that so thats one good thing :P
andyatk14
I've noticed you've got all the same exams as me this week, how's the revision for Mechanics 2 going?

Haven't started M2 yet... I'm really tight with time atm. Only done 1 C4 past paper, so tomorrow will be purely C4. And the day before each other exam will be spent on that subject. So the only time I have for M2 is the day before, after my Chemistry exam...

ah well. If I get like a low A in C3 and C4 combined, I'll only need like 58/100 to get an A overall.

If I some how manage to get 98-100 in C4 then I'll only need 42/100 which is just into an E. :yep:
Reply 57
I need 139 UMS over C4 and M2 to get an A, which im confident of.

Vectors aren't too bad, it's just remembering when to use which method. I'll spend all of tomorrow doing past papers etc. and I should be all set for it.

Hopefully there's a nice implicit differentiation question on there, always seems to be a nice 5/6 marks for a relatively easy question.
Reply 58
Jan 2010 vector question wasn't too bad, the only part with a lot of marks was to find the value of lambda at a point
Reply 59
June 06, question 4c)
Anyone care for some trig practise, and to help me out with a method to this question pleeasee? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending