The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
drawmeamonkey
and the burlington got a mention!

I was thinking of joining the Burlington as although I'll technically be a first year, I'm 22 so class as a mature student.

is it any good?
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
In response to your question, the nice ladies, (or at least one of them!) hang right here! Some of us girls are old romantics too, and we have just the same problem as you guys so you're not alone in that you can never find anyone like you when you're out looking. I think someones already said this but you never find anyone special when you try too hard, and it really is so true. How many people actually end up seeing the random person again that they pulled at the end of the night just because they were running out of time before closing? Maybe if you give up looking you'll get lucky and find someone nice, and if you're even luckier, maybe you'll get to meet me! lol

x Jessica x
Reply 62
Jessica Int Man
In response to your question, the nice ladies, (or at least one of them!) hang right here! Some of us girls are old romantics too, and we have just the same problem as you guys so you're not alone in that you can never find anyone like you when you're out looking. I think someones already said this but you never find anyone special when you try too hard, and it really is so true. How many people actually end up seeing the random person again that they pulled at the end of the night just because they were running out of time before closing? Maybe if you give up looking you'll get lucky and find someone nice, and if you're even luckier, maybe you'll get to meet me! lol

x Jessica x

LOL....oh and i would be lucky to meet you why?

And you didn't read the whole thread did you? I'm not actively looking for anyone
Reply 63
so why did u ask where the nice girls are then? cos u must already have nice friends who are girls, and if you're not looking, what's the problem
Reply 64
ElElEl
so why did u ask where the nice girls are then? cos u must already have nice friends who are girls, and if you're not looking, what's the problem

for people going to uni we don't have many bright sparks do we!

It doesn't mean the location of them it was a bloody rhetorical question!

And if you engage your brain you would work out i have graduated after 4 yrs so my mates will have all gone! But yes i did have some great female friends.

And there is no problem i just wanted to know why this place or indeed the UK has suddenly been filled with slags *cough* i mean more sexually liberal women, compared to when i was single 3 yrs ago
Reply 65
i'm with [themesong] this forum needs to be closed, it just goes round in circles with petty insults on the way
Reply 66
ElElEl
i'm with [themesong] this forum needs to be closed, it just goes round in circles with petty insults on the way

Yes well we wouldn't be going round in circles if people like yourself would read the thread fully before you post therefore not posting irrelevant posts that have already been covered a page or so ago!

If you can't take criticisms on your posts don't post, thats the point of a public democratic forum.
Reply 67
would it make u feel better if i delete it?
Reply 68
ElElEl
would it make u feel better if i delete it?

no....well....do as you please its your post. If you want to keep it there keep it if not dont lol.
Reply 69
I think there has been a shift in culture due to the wish for freedom of expression. It isn't seen as wrong to go out pull someone have a one night stand and move on to the next one.

I went to a girls school and saw the beginning of the change in culture then.

Be it good or bad I can't understand that type of behaviour yes I AM old fashioned but then again unlike about a quater of my year at school I didn't leave pregnant at 15/16
Reply 70
Oh dear I think I just showed my age and I'm not that old
Reply 71
davidmoore83

And there is no problem i just wanted to know why this place or indeed the UK has suddenly been filled with slags *cough* i mean more sexually liberal women, compared to when i was single 3 yrs ago

Obvious answer: drink.
Reply 72
davidmoore83 isn't having none of it!!!

bruv u have to blame double vision + op bop on friday nights lol
Reply 73
KenzoKenzo
davidmoore83 isn't having none of it!!!

bruv u have to blame double vision + op bop on friday nights lol

can't speak for double vision but i'm the DJ at OP BOP and to me that place is the opposite its calmed right down.....still a bit of a meat market but not like it used to be
Reply 74
the infamous OP BOP DJ - when i find u remind me 2 buy u a beer mate ha ha

but on a level - r u just concerned about the % of girls are not that loose in manchester?
Reply 75
KenzoKenzo
the infamous OP BOP DJ - when i find u remind me 2 buy u a beer mate ha ha

but on a level - r u just concerned about the % of girls are not that loose in manchester?

no i think your thinkin of the **** DJ's i'm the good one that does the old skool
Reply 76
coool -

so c'mon now, tell me - r u concerned about the amount of semi-loose fresher girls in manchester???
Reply 77
KenzoKenzo
coool -

so c'mon now, tell me - r u concerned about the amount of semi-loose fresher girls in manchester???

semi loose is that what you call it i just call the girls i have been subjected to over the last 6 months alcoholic slags in all honesty. And i think Bluetooth is right Alcohol is the key.....and in fairness 3 yrs ago the drink problem wasnt to the same extent so i think he has a real and valid point.
Reply 78
haha sorry been readin thru this thread since im tres tres bored and just laughinto myself.. its so pointless:smile: but just had to add my ownmsg:smile: in davids (im assuming dats ur name) first post he CLEARLY does not say he would like a girl rite now but everyone seems to be attackin him for it:smile: most of wats sed is true.. majority of girls just wana mess about.. and hey why not ..but man not ALL girls r like that ( YES i know thats not wat u sed but im just sayin!!!) but i honestly think the first yr is all about havin fun:smile: but i wudnt consider myself a "slag"!
Reply 79
chiara
haha sorry been readin thru this thread since im tres tres bored and just laughinto myself.. its so pointless:smile: but just had to add my ownmsg:smile: in davids (im assuming dats ur name) first post he CLEARLY does not say he would like a girl rite now but everyone seems to be attackin him for it:smile: most of wats sed is true.. majority of girls just wana mess about.. and hey why not ..but man not ALL girls r like that ( YES i know thats not wat u sed but im just sayin!!!) but i honestly think the first yr is all about havin fun:smile: but i wudnt consider myself a "slag"!

oh my god! someone has actually read properly and understood! Thought i was going mad for a second with everyone else not getting it! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending