The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JessicaW
I've stalled a bit on reading the books due to exam revision. Could someone please explain to me what that little ceremony with Theon was about?

Kind of a baptism type deal if IIRC. An initiation into the religion of the Iron Islands (that of the Drowned God).
Reply 1121
Gooood episode. Everything is moving a lot quicker though and I agree with the person about some of the pointless brothel sex scenes. There's so many scenes they miss out from the books that could be so much better.

The series is making Theon a lot more likeable than I remember as well.

And they never even explicitly mention Renly being gay in the books but in the series he's all out gay, even Margeary knew, can't recall her knowing in the books? I didn't even know he was gay until I saw the show.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1122
And am I the only one that thinks there's no extremely hot woman on this show?

Cersei is meant to be the hottest but I've never thought Lena Headey was that hot, though this may be affected by my dislike for her as an actress.

Hoping for Arianne to be really hot :coma:

Edit: Completely forgot about Emilia Clarke :facepalm2: Apart from her and her maids there's no extremely hot woman.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Super Cicero
So do the kids do the commentary for the whole episode on the DVD? If so, what happens during the sex scenes? :s-smilie:

They picked the episode with no sex scenes in it. I think it was episode 3. I seem to remember there being one scene with female nudity but no really strong violence or anything like that. Also the two girls would have been 14 and 15/16 when they did the commentary, which is only a few years too young to watch the show properly really. I don't know how old Isaac is.
Reply 1124
[video="youtube;qPDp-MWyflM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPDp-MWyflM[/video]

Book spoiler.

Spoiler

Original post by Deshi
And am I the only one that thinks there's no extremely hot woman on this show?

Cersei is meant to be the hottest but I've never thought Lena Headey was that hot, though this may be affected by my dislike for her as an actress.

Hoping for Arianne to be really hot :coma:

Edit: Completely forgot about Emilia Clarke :facepalm2: Apart from her and her maids there's no extremely hot woman.

Cersei is too uptight and bitchy to be hot. Margaery's pretty good looking though.
Reply 1126
Original post by riotgrrl
Cersei is too uptight and bitchy to be hot. Margaery's pretty good looking though.

Yeah she is and I just don't like the actress.

Margaery is hot but there's just something about her face that reminds me of a rodent? :s-smilie:
Reply 1127
Original post by Deshi
Margaery is hot but there's just something about her face that reminds me of a rodent? :s-smilie:

Just watched the new episode - I felt like they rushed through loads of events that were in A Clash Of Kings but I enjoyed the episode nonetheless. :h:
Reply 1129
Original post by Pheylan

No homo.
Reply 1130
Original post by Deshi
Gooood episode. Everything is moving a lot quicker though and I agree with the person about some of the pointless brothel sex scenes. There's so many scenes they miss out from the books that could be so much better.

The series is making Theon a lot more likeable than I remember as well.

And they never even explicitly mention Renly being gay in the books but in the series he's all out gay, even Margeary knew, can't recall her knowing in the books? I didn't even know he was gay until I saw the show

Martin did say that he intended for Loras and Renly to be gay and in a relationship, but I agree that it's far too heavy handed. Margaery is beautiful, but the actress is so old considering...

Spoiler

I liked the way midget told three different stories & then catches the traitor
Reply 1132
Original post by Raducan
Martin did say that he intended for Loras and Renly to be gay and in a relationship, but I agree that it's far too heavy handed. Margaery is beautiful, but the actress is so old considering...

Spoiler

Yeah I know he was meant to be gay but it was so subtle in the books and it felt like no-one knew whereas in the show it's pretty out there

Margaery is hot but like I said there's just something about her face that puts me off a bit :colondollar:

Spoiler

Original post by Deshi

Margaery is hot but like I said there's just something about her face that puts me off a bit :colondollar:

I find her face to be a bit wierd looking from certain angles too, bit to sharp around the edges. On her imdb page she looks ok, think it might be the hair.
Reply 1134
Love Emilia Clarke! She's always smiling aswell from what I seen from interviews..

Really liked episode 3 btw, episode 2 was good and episode 1 was decent but episode 3 was the best out of the 3. I really wish people would stop nitpicking minor things from books.. "shes not ugly enough!! she has bucked teeth in the books!!" Even GRRM in a interview doesn't like nitpicking apparently but he appreciates their sincerity but also understands that some people get too obsessed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1136
"Chop his manhood off and feed it to the goats"

Tyrion never stops making me laugh
Original post by Woffles
"Chop his manhood off and feed it to the goats"

Tyrion never stops making me laugh

That's actually Shagga, son of Dolf's catchphrase but they never really made a big deal of it in the TV show. :tongue:
Original post by AugustWestie
That's actually Shagga, son of Dolf's catchphrase but they never really made a big deal of it in the TV show. :tongue:

I love Tyrion with his Stone Crows and Black Ears etc. :tongue:

From A Clash Of Kings:

Spoiler

:lol:
Reply 1139
I've got all my housemates hooked on Game of Thrones :biggrin:

Latest