The Student Room Group
I did 3 hours yesterday, and it was only my second lesson. You will be fine; after about 10 mins you get used to it. Remember the instructor has his brake to use in case of emergencies, and he will grab and steer the wheel if need be.
Enjoy it! Its costing you enough :P
Reply 2
It's fine to be nervous on your first lesson, especially if you don't know the instructor. You will more than likely go through the basics of driving on a quiet road/estate with small amounts of driving and then progress further if he or she thinks your ready. Don't worry about it though, it's good fun and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Good luck. :smile:
They'll probably take you somewhere quiet to get used to the car and learn the basics. Nothing to worry about really, but 3 hours seems a long time so im guessing you'll do more than just that depending on how quick you get the hang of it
3 hours, eek! I used to do hour and a half lessons but I've dropped to one hour as the instructor feels it's much better on me. Your foot will be killing you :biggrin:

You'll learn the basics - how to change gears, using indicators etc. And practice basic driving, you know, just straight down a road and around a corner. How to use mirrors etc.
Reply 5
I was terrified about mine too but was grinning like a cheshire cat for the rest of the day afterwards!

We did about half an hour just talking through the controls etc, he showed me a few examples of things on like a magnetic board, and then I did some basic pulling away/pulling over and some basic driving on quiet country roads for the rest of the time.
Reply 6
i used to do 3 hour lessons, you'll start off on easy enough roads while you get used to the feel of the car, stopping distances, setting off again and all that, then you'll move to driving further and faster :smile: dont worry about it

i almost miss my lessons haha, its lonely not having someone sat next to you while you drive :P
Reply 7
I had my first lesson on Friday and my second today. I was pretty nervous at first too but your instructor will go over all the parts with you and then you'll begin slowly learning how to move your car. I got really into it and a few times I stalled, and my instructor needed to brake but it was my first time and it'll be yours too so mistakes don't matter - practice makes perfect :smile: You'll really enjoy it and just think about in a few months you'll be a pro :wink:
Reply 8
I have my first lesson on Wednesday and feeling rather nervous too, especially with it being at peak time! >.<

Good luck though. I'm sure you'll be fine. :biggrin:
Reply 9
Thank you all. Sorry I haven't replied, but you were all right! It was the best experience in my life! Haha. I now have to sit my theory exam tomorrow :s-smilie:
I have my first lesson in an hour :smile:
Reply 11
Pulling away, stopping, gears, roundabouts and NSL dual carriageways.

You'll love it, a good instructor will chuck you in at the deep end.
Megaross
Pulling away, stopping, gears, roundabouts and NSL dual carriageways.

You'll love it, a good instructor will chuck you in at the deep end.

I didn't do that in my first, just pulling away, stopping, gears, some turns and uphill stuff :smile: probably doing roundabouts today, my second lesson :smile:
Reply 13
aleathiel
I didn't do that in my first, just pulling away, stopping, gears, some turns and uphill stuff :smile: probably doing roundabouts today, my second lesson :smile:

Who you learning with?

Indie or ripoff company.
Megaross
Who you learning with?

Indie or ripoff company.

BSM :smile:

Has another lesson today and probably would have done more, if it hadn't been for me lacking confidence a bit but he is encouraging me to do more!
Reply 15
Ahh BSM, ripoff company.
Reply 16
Megaross
Ahh BSM, ripoff company.

Depends on the instructor you get. They aren't employed by BSM directly, it's run as a franchise and the instructors pay to use their branding, training materials, and learner cars.
Reply 17
FXX
Depends on the instructor you get. They aren't employed by BSM directly, it's run as a franchise and the instructors pay to use their branding, training materials, and learner cars.

Every single person I've known who's gone with BSM has progressed slowly and taken over 40 lessons.

Don't know a single person who's taken that many with an indie.

Latest

Trending

Trending