The Student Room Group

Mysterious neck pain after argument

Had a massive argument with my ex boyfriend on wednesday and I was hit on the arm and leg. Whilst my arm and legs don't feel too bad, ever since the argument I have had a really terrible neck pain whenever I move my head (on the right side). I will book an appt with my GP but the waiting time is something like 6 days :frown:

I was not hit on my head or neck, I didn't even move my head quickly... could the stress of an argument cause me to get neck pains?

I started the contraceptive pill a few days ago, could this be the cause?

I am an otherwise healthy and active 19 year old :s-smilie::frown:
Reply 1
If it gets worse I suggest going to A&E, you may have to wait hours...but its better than 6 days as I have no clue as to what could be the cause.
you got cursed using a voodoo doll.... its the only explanation :nod:
Does your neck click at all? :mmm:
Reply 4
Mysterious you say? Better call Sherlock Holmes.
I know how you feel. My ex is a pain in the neck too. :awesome:
Reply 6
sil3nt_cha0s

That honestly made me laugh so hard. The legacy of the neck clicker lives on. xD
Reply 7
Does anyone have any helpful replies seeing as i'm pretty worried about my health?
sil3nt_cha0s

Ahhh, good times.....
Reply 9
You probably strained it shouting, lol. I'm always straining my neck singing maniacally along with my iPod.
its probably just caused by stress...and the above^^
maybesBABY
If it gets worse I suggest going to A&E, you may have to wait hours...but its better than 6 days as I have no clue as to what could be the cause.

Why? At this point it is neither an accident nor an emergency.
Reply 12
GodspeedGehenna
Why? At this point it is neither an accident nor an emergency.

It was an accident though...

And no it's not an emergency but its better than sitting around for 6 days in dire pain creating millions of threads about what to do with neck pain (as she probably will) as if the population of TSR are fully registered and practising doctors who can diagnose neck pain over the internet.

Either that or she take pain killers, (and it's not guaranteed they will work).

Thus, A&E FTW!!!
:woo:
maybesBABY
It was an accident though...

And no it's not an emergency but its better than sitting around for 6 days in dire pain creating millions of threads about what to do with neck pain (as she probably will) as if the population of TSR are fully registered and practising doctors who can diagnose neck pain over the internet.

Either that or she take pain killers, (and it's not guaranteed they will work).

Thus, A&E FTW!!!
:woo:

I take it you're the kind of idiot that turns up and waits in A&E for four hours because they have athlete's foot? (Yes, I have seen people do this).

It's an abuse of the A&E service. OP needs to suck it up and go to his/her GP. This is not what A&E is there for.

or

yeh i wouldnt bother going to A&E for a start you will be at the bottom of the list to see anyone, just call up your doc surgery and speak to a doctor atleast u will get more insight.
Reply 16
YOUR BF SOUNDS LIKE A DOUCHE. He prolly wore an invisibility cloak and wacked you again in the night on the neck. I say you go to his house and wack him hard in the family jewels. That'll teach him.

ON a serious not:
Stress can cause pain.. I got neck and back pain from stress and the contraceptive pill can give muscle ache as a side effect (DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT.. I've only heard about it)
But yeah.. I think you should use your ex-bf's credit card and treat yourself to a nice day at the spa and get a deep tissue massage! xx :smile:
I get awful neck and head pain after sex about 7 times out of 10, its ruining it for me, me and my girlfriend have gone from sex at least every other day to about twice a week, its baaaad.

I mentioned it to my GP and shes put me in for a MRI scan to check for brain damage. She said it could also be due to the large amount of stress your body goes through during sex that causes it, altohugh it never happens when i go running etc.

Could be a related thing, as obviously intense arguments put a fair bit of stress on your body. Co-codamol from Tesco works well
Reply 18
GodspeedGehenna
I take it you're the kind of idiot that turns up and waits in A&E for four hours because they have athlete's foot? (Yes, I have seen people do this).

It's an abuse of the A&E service. OP needs to suck it up and go to his/her GP. This is not what A&E is there for.

Urm no, I have only ever been to A&E once when I passed out iymk.
And I already suggested pain killers, so take a chill pill.
Reply 19
Anonymous
Does anyone have any helpful replies seeing as i'm pretty worried about my health?

Not sure if I can help other than suggesting going to your GP, but I had this too, about 3 weeks ago when I had a 'heated discussion' but it was fine the next day, I think it may be because your body is so tensed. :dontkknow:

Latest