The Student Room Group
Reply 1
tonberry
At the time I applied for my course they sent me an offer of AAB or 340 points, but now the website says that they're accepting BBB or 300 points ? There's no mention of the AAB anymore on their website but UCAS says they accept 300-340 points.

So does this mean that if I got BBB I would still get in despite being offered for AAB?

I don't think so. Unis adjust their typical offers each cycle, so I believe that the new BBB offer is for the next cycle applications. Though it's best to call them, good luck!
Reply 2
tonberry
At the time I applied for my course they sent me an offer of AAB or 340 points, but now the website says that they're accepting BBB or 300 points ? There's no mention of the AAB anymore on their website but UCAS says they accept 300-340 points.

The offers which universities put on their websites are typical offers, but they're still free to give out higher offers than that. In fact, the UCAS information indicates that it's not an entirely new thing for them to give out offers higher than BBB, and it's possible that if they had a dramatic increase in applications, they decided to give out more AAB and ABB offers than BBB offers this year. For all we know, they may still have given out some BBB offers for this admissions cycle, but unfortunately for you, yours wasn't one of them, and there's nothing you can do about it, really...
So does this mean that if I got BBB I would still get in despite being offered for AAB?

I'm afraid not.:frown: Although the typical offer might be BBB, your offer was AAB. If you got BBB, you'd have missed your offer and the university might still let you in, but you wouldn't be able to count on it.
Reply 3
Yeah this happened to me with my insurance (website said BBB - BCC, I got an offer of ABB in UCAS points). If you're not predicted AAB you could email them I suppose as it wouldn't hurt, otherwise yeah it's just what their typical offers are and it might be that a lot of people applied for that course this year.
Reply 4
Thanks guys. I think I'll be getting AAA anyway but I just wanted to know on some string of bad luck that I get ABB or something there would still be hope for me :p: I have emailed them anyway so I'll see what they say :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending