The Student Room Group

Clearing- why is my insurance course listed with lower grades?

I’ve just noticed that my insurance offer course is listed on the clearing website - with a significantly lower UCAS tariff than the offer they made me (which is their standard offer.) Do you think this means I’m likely to get a place, even if I don’t get the offer grades? And if not can I try again through clearing? Thank you!
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by ae6007
I’ve just noticed that my insurance offer course is listed on the clearing website - with a significantly lower UCAS tariff than the offer they made me (which is their standard offer.) Do you think this means I’m likely to get a place, even if I don’t get the offer grades? And if not can I try again through clearing? Thank you!

The grades you have seen may not be the same as required for Clearing on Results Day - and the course may not even be in Clearing. On the other hand, yes it may be in Clearing and yes, those may be the grades they are likely to accept. No-one knows at this stage.

'Early Clearing' is designed to scoop up some applicants with early results like IB and some extra overseas applicants.
Once the A level results are processed, Uni know exactly what spaces they have - its no longer guesswork.
This is why there are often different courses in Clearing in August than 'Early Clearing'.

I know thats not much help - but its best not to try second-guessing everything before Results Day, because things are so unpredictable. And - you may have done far better than you think.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending