The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Torres will stay :bigsmile:

How does everyone know that Hodgson doesn't rate Soto?
Wilson has the potential to be a top player from what I've seen of him. I think that would be somewhat wasted if he was played outside of CB. As such, I think we can gather that Roy wants to get rid of Soto, which is what has already been said, isn't it? I heard he's on the market for £3mill.

There's a tonne of rumours going around that we're closing in on Figueroa sharpish. Makes sense tbh. Could end up with three signings in three days!

I wonder who we're going to buy with the money from Masch? (I fully expect him to leave) I seem to remember the promise of at least one big signing this summer. Although I love Cole, I hope he isn't the only big name to come in.
Well, that settles it. We'll be playing 3 at the back, two wing-backs, a DM, two CMs and a Striker. It's the only way you can keep 5 CBs happy, play Cole in the Centre, and use Kuyt, Babel and Jovanovic as strikers, whilst using Johnson as a forward-thinking RB, rather than expose him defensively. Any thoughts on a Left wing-back?
amiparanoid
Well, that settles it. We'll be playing 3 at the back, two wing-backs, a DM, two CMs and a Striker. It's the only way you can keep 5 CBs happy, play Cole in the Centre, and use Kuyt, Babel and Jovanovic as strikers, whilst using Johnson as a forward-thinking RB, rather than expose him defensively. Any thoughts on a Left wing-back?

Figueroa? :colondollar:

Noticed Joe Cole has been wearing number 10 on some of his Tops/Shorts do you think this will be his number or has Jovanovic claimed it already?

I thought he'd be number 7.
amiparanoid

If we do that and include the goalkeeper, we only have 10 on the pitch :p:
Hiphopopotamus
Wilson has the potential to be a top player from what I've seen of him. I think that would be somewhat wasted if he was played outside of CB. As such, I think we can gather that Roy wants to get rid of Soto, which is what has already been said, isn't it? I heard he's on the market for £3mill.

There's a tonne of rumours going around that we're closing in on Figueroa sharpish. Makes sense tbh. Could end up with three signings in three days!

I wonder who we're going to buy with the money from Masch? (I fully expect him to leave) I seem to remember the promise of at least one big signing this summer. Although I love Cole, I hope he isn't the only big name to come in.

Tbh if we sold Masch Id rather see squad depth improve?
sarforaz
Tbh if we sold Masch Id rather see squad depth improve?

Same. If we end up selling him for like £25m we could get 2-3 new faces in with one definitely being a striker.
Reply 187
So I'm getting a little bored of my black samba classics and am eyeing up some navy blue spezials. BUT, i'm not one for having trainers that are too similar though (even if they are smart), especially when they're 50 notes. Thoughts on other options? Or just go with the spezial?

Can't go wrong with some Gazelles tbh.
I've just read that Shelvey's training in Switzerland with the LFC squad. Good news, of course, but I thought he was one of England's best youth prospects? Why isn't he with the England U19s?
sarforaz
If we do that and include the goalkeeper, we only have 10 on the pitch :p:

Damn, two strikers :facepalm2:
Reply 191
If we keep Torres and Masch, this transfer window has been a great success, especially considering how gloomy we all were just a few weeks ago (Y)

Although it is likely we'll sell Masch, and probably Riera too - then I'd like to get a few others in. Although, thinking about it, Rieras problem seems to be with Benitez - so now Roy is in, he might stay..? He was a fairly useful player tbh.
Riera is ******* useless, and the sooner he gets shown the door the better.

IT wasn't just an attack on Benitez, the timing of the whole thing was spectacularly wrong. And, he punched Pacheco.
To me it sounds like Riera, Degen and Kyrgiakos will all move on.
M_E_X
Although, thinking about it, Rieras problem seems to be with Benitez - so now Roy is in, he might stay..? He was a fairly useful player tbh.

I imagine him punching a talented young player trying to break into the first team and bitching about the club when they needed all players to put a performance in wasn't great for the dressing room. If I was on the team I'd want to see the back of him. His problem won't have left with Benitez.

Having said that, I always had a soft spot for him, I used to really enjoy watching him play :frown:
Reply 195
Hiphopopotamus
I imagine him punching a talented young player trying to break into the first team and bitching about the club when they needed all players to put a performance in wasn't great for the dressing room. If I was on the team I'd want to see the back of him. His problem won't have left with Benitez.

Having said that, I always had a soft spot for him, I used to really enjoy watching him play :frown:

I didn't know about the Pacheco thing - he's on his way out, right you are (Y)

I'm actually enjoying an LFC transfer window for once...
Reply 196
Riera punched Pacheco? When did this happen and why did he do it :confused:
Barça
Riera punched Pacheco? When did this happen and why did he do it :confused:

In some training session. Something about Pacheco being selfish and not giving the ball to Riera who started an argument and then raised his hands I guess..

Happened around Jan? Maybe I have my dates wrong, but pretty much since that incident, Riera hasnt played for the first team.
M_E_X
I didn't know about the Pacheco thing - he's on his way out, right you are (Y)

I'm actually enjoying an LFC transfer window for once...

I dunno about enjoying.. Once I hear Torres commit, maybe then but till then the nerves are still around!

Lot more activity than I expected tbh.

Out
Insua 5mil
Benayoun 5.5mil
Mikel San Jose 2.6mil
Aurelio free

In
Jovanovic free
J.Cole free
Jonjo Shelvey 1.7mil
Danny Wilson 2mil

Potential outs
Riera 4mil?
Degen 2mil?
Kyrgiakos 2mil?
Mascherano 20mil?
Ngog 6mil?
Riera to Olympiakos for £3.4mil initial fee + £1.7mil add on if they win the league in his first season (bearing in mind they won it from 2005 to 2009)
I'd take that :yep:

Let's hope he can agree a wage (the greedy git)

Latest