The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3980
Original post by ChrisWilliams
Ever been to Liverpool? I doubt it from your post, which just cites the usual London based media ****e.

Liverpool is one of the nicest city I've been to, the people are friendly, welcoming and helpful and I've never had any problem within the city or in any of the suburbs of the city. Liverpool is a great place to live, sure it has it's bad parts and rough areas, but name me one city in the world that doesn't? Liverpool is just given a bad reputation by a bitter, southern based media who are jealous of the city and what it has produced for this country as a whole.

Did you not read the brackets afterwards where I said "focusing on the weather."

Everyone knows that London has better weather than Liverpool. Furthermore I also stated that Brazilians would prefer Portugal, Italy and Spain over London. Of course you Northerners are too focused on the "Southern Media bias" to realize that I was actually making a very good point. Although I am a little bit biased when deciding how good my point is.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3981
Original post by DannyBoy123
Absolutely, the centre is lovely (haven't seen much of the suburbs tbh) and the contrast to London where people wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire is massive, although some of the women staggering around on a Friday night leave a lot to be desired (and little to the imagination)!. :colondollar:

Having said that, it is ****ing freezing!

Hence no young Brazilian would want to go there.

My best mate at Uni is Brazilian, and my mom grew up in Rio for 17 years - so her whole of the family is Brazilian. I think I know my Brazilians. And if there is one thing to know about Brazilians, it is that they need sunshine.

AND: Don't forget the language barrier. Going to Portugal, Spain and Italy is easier for Brazilians because Portuguese is very similar to Spanish and somewhat similar to Italian. For a young Brazilian it means a lot to be able to come into a new environment and speak the language.

I am sorry Liverpoolians, no young flamboyant Brazilians are heading your way - and probably London's way (except to Arsenal maybe because they don't speak any English in that team).
(edited 13 years ago)
If you keep playing like Hodgson wants, Samaras would probably be the best striker for you :sly:
Depressing team for us tonight

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Kyrgiakos Koncrapskey
Cole Gerrad Lucas Maxi

N'Gog Torres
Reply 3984
How the hell does Konchesky get back in the team ffs. I know Meireles is injured.
One of the worst back fours in the whole league. Soto aside.
Carra injured or just collecting his pension?
Reply 3987
Still injured with his dislocated shoulder.
Original post by DontBuyTheSun
Last thing we need is a distrbutive **** in our ranks.

Might be a good player, but Id rather play N'gog.

Can't believe you'd say that. :cool: I'd take Adebayor over N'gog anyday, its up to the manager to make him play to his potential and not be disruptive.

Our lack of strike force at the moment is quite frankly an embarrassment.
Original post by DontBuyTheSun
One of the worst back fours in the whole league. Soto aside.

So far we've got the worst defence and attack. our goalkeeper and midfield aren't bad though, right? :tongue:
Reply 3990
Original post by Deshi
How the hell does Konchesky get back in the team ffs. I know Meireles is injured.

he did a good job containing Lennon when we played you guys. :rofl:

Don't worry, I rate Hodgson highly and I honestly think he will bring back the good days at Liverpool. You will be in the top 6 in the foreseeable future.
Original post by dn013

Don't worry, I rate Hodgson highly and I honestly think he will bring back the good days at Liverpool. You will be in the top 6 in the foreseeable future.

:rofl:

GTFO.
Reply 3992
Most obvious WUM of the season :rofl2:
Reply 3993
Don't tell me all Spurs fans have become this arrogant :colonhash:
Original post by Deshi

They haven't 'become' it, they always have been.
Reply 3995
Original post by Deshi

Well after years of pain and arrogant Liverpool fans, it is only natural that we should capitalize upon our recent success.

Mind you, the Spurs page is full of WUMs - so this is a somewhat tactical WUMing session. Of course, the best WUMs are the one's grounded in truth.
Reply 3996
They haven't 'become' it, they always have been.

Don't get your sheep all in a tangle.
Reply 3997

Depressing team for us tonight

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Kyrgiakos Koncrapskey
Cole Gerrad Lucas Maxi
N'Gog Torres

No Agger and no Aurelio, is this a joke? :frown:
Reply 3998
Original post by Louis.
Leeds had a similar theory I believe.

ps is Ganso is the Brazillian guy you're thinking of?

It was indeed! Is the lad any good? Only heard of him through chinese whispers really.
Reply 3999
Original post by newlife
It was indeed! Is the lad any good? Only heard of him through chinese whispers really.

Don't think i've even seen him play, loads of hype around him but I don't think i'll be able to judge until he gets a move to a european league.

Latest