The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 780
meskell
You don't need 8 homegrown players in the 25 :facepalm2:

Yes you do, you complete mess. They can be reserves, kids or Bob from down the docks but you need at least 8 listed in the 25. In reality the only thing that matters is the 17 other slots, but the actual rule is you need those 8.
Reply 781
Panthalic
Yes you do, you complete mess. They can be reserves, kids or Bob from down the docks but you need at least 8 listed in the 25. In reality the only thing that matters is the 17 other slots, but the actual rule is you need those 8.

:no: You can leave those spaces 'open' and it counts as a homegrown space.
Reply 782
meskell
:no: You can leave those spaces 'open' and it counts as a homegrown space.

Lies. Link?
meskell
You don't need 8 homegrown players in the 25 :facepalm2:

Yes, but for each HG space that isn't filled you lose a space for a non-HG player. :facepalm2:

Panthalic
I love how Kev went from £2.5m being nothing, to being the entire extent of your transfer budget which absolutely must be spent, within a single post. Play less FM you complete saucer.

First post was a dig.

And do one, you ****.
Reply 784
Chief executive Richard Scudamore confirmed: "As of next season clubs will be required to have a squad named of up to 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over the age of 21 and not home grown.

Doesn't specify that the 8 have to be named.
Reply 785
Kevmeister
Yes, but for each HG space that isn't filled you lose a space for a non-HG player. :facepalm2:

First post was a dig.

And do one, you ****.

So we are now spending £2.5m to fill up a space that didn't need filling up :lolwut: Seems like a waste of money to me.
Reply 786
meskell
Chief executive Richard Scudamore confirmed: "As of next season clubs will be required to have a squad named of up to 25 players, of which no more than 17 can be over the age of 21 and not home grown.

Scudamore doesn't have a clue though, he's almost as much of a saucer as Kev. I demand to see the wording of the actual rule.
Reply 787
Go find the actual rule then :dontknow:
Reply 788
You do not need the home rule players, but then you would have less players.

If you had no homegrown players, you could only have a squad of 17, which isn't even a first team plus subs. Under 21s don't have to register though.
meskell

Did you spot this.. or read it elsewhere?
Colonel Brusnahan
You do not need the home rule players, but then you would have less players.

If you had no homegrown players, you could only have a squad of 17, which isn't even a first team plus subs. Under 21s don't have to register though.

Yes but we don't have 'no homegrown players'..
Reply 791
RoadWarrior
Did you spot this.. or read it elsewhere?

That quote is on almost every website talking about the rule tbh. And it is fairly obvious what the implication is.
Reply 792
meskell

Damn you.

The Premier League's website
says "From next season, clubs must include eight home-grown players out of a squad of 25.‬‪" but also includes the Scudamore quote. I shall investigate further.
meskell

Only the mail, but I have read it elsewhere. Link.

I found a Sun link but that's not allowed in here.
Reply 794
RoadWarrior
Yes but we don't have 'no homegrown players'..

IF you didn't have any homegrown players, you absolute tit.
Colonel Brusnahan
IF you didn't have any homegrown players, you absolute tit.

Yes, but your point is absolutely ******* worthless.
Reply 796
Why is everyone in here so angry ffs :colonhash:
Reply 797
RoadWarrior
Yes, but your point is absolutely ******* worthless.

People were confused about the rule, I explained the rule.
Reply 798
Cavalieri, Aquilani, Agger, Aurelio, Torres, Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Kuyt, Babel, Mascherano, El Zhar (:ahee:) Lucas, Reina, Poulsen and Skrtel are the foreign players that need registering as far as I can tell. That's 16, 15 if Mascherano leaves. Gerrard, Johnson, Cole, Carragher, Insua(?) and a few youngsters would make up the 8 homegrown players.

As it stands you can sign 1 more foreign player. If you can sell Cav for the same price as you could buy Jones it makes sense just so you can free another space up.

I probably have got something wrong :colondollar:
Reply 799
El Zhar needs to die not be included in any squad :h:

Latest