The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not worried or annoyed with Pepe at all. He'll earn us more points than he'll cost us. Not overfussed about Joe Cole either, clearly not on form but trying to make an impact. Good on him.

Be interesting to see what Roy does next game. Don't think Nando will be fully ready. Jova had a good game and Kuyt seems to be favourite on the right hand side so they will probably remain unchanged. Will it be a straight swap for Aquilani and Cole, or will Gerrard be pushed forward and Lucas play CM? Or will Lucas play AM and the rest of the team as is? Maxi or Babel could even play behind Torres.

Good situation to be in, having options that barely affect the team at all. I think Rafa's main problem last season was the depth across midfield, especially with Aqui injured.
Liverpool have confirmed a £2.3m fee has been agreed with Middlesbrough for the transfer of Australian international goalkeeper Brad Jones.

The 28-year-old stopper passed a medical on Monday afternoon and has agreed personal terms. He is expected to complete the paperwork on a three-year contract on Tuesday.

The Australia international spent the early part of his career as understudy to Mark Schwarzer, before battling it out with Ross Turnbull to become first-choice at the Riverside at the start of the 2008-09 season.

During his time in the North-East he picked up a League Cup winner's medal and was between the sticks for the club's famous UEFA Cup semi-final victory over Steaua Bucharest back in 2006.

He has since won two caps for Australia and was named in their 2010 World Cup squad.

Off the LFC website.
Reply 982
I'll need to change my predictions of who's going to win the title now.
Reply 983
cfc1992
I'll need to change my predictions of who's going to win the title now.

Signing an average keeper from Boro who's never gonna play. Who'd do that?
Reply 984
Louis1991
Signing an average keeper from Boro who's never gonna play. Who'd do that?

I'll have you know Ross Turnbull was our best player against Inter last season. :cool:
Cav'll be on his way then. Let's be honest, for the next 5-10 years any keeper we have will be understudy to Pepe, so they may as well be homegrown. Hansen, Gulacsi, Bouzanis... they all ought to be able to learn from Reina and Jones and be free to go out on loan if need be. When they are are, hopefully they can challenge Jones for the games Pepe won't play.
Reply 986
DontBuyTheSun
I love you again today. xx
I can't take all this polarity...

I am a horrible idiot, and should never be loved.
RobbieC

THIS! now get to work ffs :wink:
RobbieC

It's a love hate relationship we have Robbie, and you love it as much as me. x
I like the look of Ola Toivonen. He's tall and looks great in the air.
IMO We need a striker before the transfer market closes...
I've never even heard of Ola Toivonen.... And, Jovanovic is meant to be a striker of the left of a front three variety.

And, what was wrong with N'gog?
Draw or away win on Monday. We're without our two attacking fullbacks, the key to Mancini's system working :sad:
Reply 993
Poulsen to get his debut today?
Yep alongside Lucas, or maybe Lucas with a freer role for a change, will be good to see!
Shame Aqua seems to have disappeared from existence.

We need a decent score tonight or it'll be a lot harder over there, hope the Turks don't park the bus Unirea style.
Aquilani has a stomach bug apparently, again
Needs to lay off the curry that lad.
Reply 997
They're passing the ball better than us. We have given it away an embarrassing amount of times in the first 20 minutes.
Reply 998
Playing with two defensive midfielders really isn't helping us here tbh.
Reply 999
What a goal by Babel

Latest