The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
PineBarrens
Crouch, a player who has been in the premier league for several years, is 29 years old, first choice for Spurs and has played a good number of games in europe and international will score more goals than David Ngog? WOW. Are you sure you want to put your neck on the line like that? ******* hell lad. You are some footballing genius you. Quality prediction. Incredible.

Great sarcasm, Crouch was one name on the list. Want me to make my point clearer?

You can all quote me on this one then,

Ngog will not outscore Hernandez in the Premier League this season.

Better comparison?
Reply 1581
You were originally comparing him to Owen. It's just funny how you seem to change it every day.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1582
Deshi
You were originally comparing him to Owen. It's just funny how you seem to change it every day.

Actuall I compared him to Owen Hernandez Keane and Crouch. If Owen were guarunteed the same minutes as Ngog then I'd bet with Owen.

You can't have Ngog compared to Owen when Owen has only played a fraction of the time Ngog has.

I'm only saying Hernandez now because it appears United will use him as much as Liverpool will use Ngog in the Premier League, so its a justifiable comparison.
Reply 1583
Well I found the original quote and DBTS said somethikng about N'gog scoring twice the amount of goals of Owen, and you begged to difffer :dontknow:
Hai guys :awesome:
If Woy plays a 4-4-2 today... :facepalm:
A little respect. He's our manager and his name is Roy.

Apparently:

Reina
Johnson Skrtel Carragher Konchesky
Poulsen Meireles
Maxi Gerrard Cole
Torres

Would rather Agger for Skrtel, Lucas for Poulsen myself. And that Babel gets on at some stage.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1587
Nah he ain't that stupid. I'd like to see (it'll never happen 'cause Gerrard's a bum)

----------Reina--------------
Johnson-Carragher-Agger-Konchesky
Gerrard - Lucas - Meireles - Jovanovic
--------Cole------------------
----------Torres---------------
Reply 1588
But I reckon he'll set up like El Stevo has said.
I think Poulsen makes sense for this game...we need someone to WUM the **** out of Scholes and I don't think Lucas would be as effective.
Reply 1590
El Stevo

Reina
Poulsen Meireles
Maxi Gerrard Cole
Torres

Would rather Agger for Skrtel, Lucas for Poulsen myself. And that Babel gets on at some stage.

Deshi

I think most of us here, and fans in general, agree that Agger is our best CB and that Lucas is a lot better than Poulson, I don't understand why they don't get played as first choice.

I haven't really rated Maxi in the last few games (lost his pace a bit, doesn't seem to do many decent crosses, can't beat a man - he's almost more of a defensive winger now) and Jova, although lightening quick, hasn't done anything of note yet either.

I'm not confident at all for today, plus I'm at uni and the place will be full of ManU "fans" (I'm in Scotland...)...

e: Dannyboy, I can't see Scholes playing tbh, won't Fergie want more "hustle and bustle" in midfield, like carrick+fletcher? Or even anderson+fletcher? I think he'll play Park and Nani on the wings, always does in big games like this. 4-5-1 from Fergie imo, so there is room for 3 CMs there, I still don't think Scholes will start though.
(edited 13 years ago)
El Stevo
A little respect. He's our manager and his name is Roy.

Apparently:

Reina
Poulsen Meireles
Maxi Gerrard Cole
Torres

Hmm I wouldve guessed Lucas for Meireles purely because Lucas was rested midweek.
Such a shame Kuyt is injured, he's one of the first names on the sheet for games like this.
CONFIRMED TEAM HERE :-

Reina
Poulsen Meireles
Maxi Gerrard Cole
Torres
Deshi
Nah he ain't that stupid. I'd like to see (it'll never happen 'cause Gerrard's a bum)

I wouldnt blame Gerrard, I'd actually blame Johnson in this formation. He obviously needs cover and will go running down the right flank and Utd will target that corner on counter attacks (I bet that Rooney will head straight for that gap)
Rested? I get the impression Roy has decided Meireles and Poulsen are his midfield platform, given he's always been after Poulsen and well, Meireles was whisked in almost before Masch left. I hope not, but I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.
Looks likke Skrtel is roy's centre back paring for carragher, If anything carra should be more under threat for agger's place than skrtel.
Reply 1596
M_E_X
Dannyboy, I can't see Scholes playing tbh, won't Fergie want more "hustle and bustle" in midfield, like carrick+fletcher? Or even anderson+fletcher? I think he'll play Park and Nani on the wings, always does in big games like this. 4-5-1 from Fergie imo, so there is room for 3 CMs there, I still don't think Scholes will start though.

Carrick is injured, and Anderson has been injured over pre-season and hasn't played a game yet. Neither will start, and Ando even coming on would be a suprise.

Can't work out what our teams gonna be. A Fletcher/Scholes/Giggs central midfield looks the most likely, with Nani and Park on the wings and Rooney down the middle. A 4-4-2 with Berba instead of Giggs isn't out of the question though :dontknow:
M_E_X
I think most of us here, and fans in general, agree that Agger is our best CB and that Lucas is a lot better than Poulson, I don't understand why they don't get played as first choice.

I haven't really rated Maxi in the last few games (lost his pace a bit, doesn't seem to do many decent crosses, can't beat a man - he's almost more of a defensive winger now) and Jova, although lightening quick, hasn't done anything of note yet either.

I'm not confident at all for today, plus I'm at uni and the place will be full of ManU "fans" (I'm in Scotland...)...

e: Dannyboy, I can't see Scholes playing tbh, won't Fergie want more "hustle and bustle" in midfield, like carrick+fletcher? Or even anderson+fletcher? I think he'll play Park and Nani on the wings, always does in big games like this. 4-5-1 from Fergie imo, so there is room for 3 CMs there, I still don't think Scholes will start though.

I personally think Scholes will start, can't see Fergie not playing him as he's been far and away their best player so far this season.

Even so, Ferdinand is back and if Torres is up for it I think he could cause him a few problems (ditto Vidic who still hasn't got over Torres ass ******* him at OT in the 4-1).
Louis1991
Carrick is injured, and Anderson has been injured over pre-season and hasn't played a game yet. Neither will start, and Ando even coming on would be a suprise.

Can't work out what our teams gonna be. A Fletcher/Scholes/Giggs central midfield looks the most likely, with Nani and Park on the wings and Rooney down the middle. A 4-4-2 with Berba instead of Giggs isn't out of the question though :dontknow:

I'd be surprised if you had 2 slow midfielders in there though?
Maybe Park come into the middle and Giggs out on the left?
Reply 1599
sarforaz
I'd be surprised if you had 2 slow midfielders in there though?
Maybe Park come into the middle and Giggs out on the left?

Yeah possibly, that would make more sense. I'd actually like to see Rooney start the game on the left with Berba on his own up front, which could easily change to a 4-4-2 if needs be. That's very unlikely though.

Latest