The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Yawn11
As for you, I no longer care to reply anymore. If you think I'm bad then fair enough. In other areas of the world people get killed/exiled for being homosexual, and my thoughts aren't that extreme. End of our discussion.

It's small thoughts that lead to extremes, sadly.

Thanks for giving up. I know i've won now! :smile:
CookieDoughLove
I just wrote a proper reply but stupid net deleted it :frown:

So here it is, shorter. I'm undecided so I don't have a strong opinion on this.

Butttt, maybe there is a reason why only men and women can make babies and not same sex couples which suggests it is unnatural. Having said that, I don't think anyone should have their right to being a parent taken away from them. (Unless they are scum of the earth :yep:)

I dunno, I guess there are pros and cons either way.

Ever been on a plane?

Gay people still have functioning genitalia to reproduce children, but they're not sexually attracted to the opposite sex so they have no desire to do it the 'natural' way. They are still, however, human and have the natural desire to reproduce. Nowadays there are so many ways to have children, that the natural way of having them is irrelevant.

Also worth pointing out than in nature, often in species the young are looked after by various adults, including same-sex pairings, not solely their biological parents. As many have said, children need love and care...once it is born, the requirement of a male + female is gone. Ideal, but unnecessary.
0w3n-69
What bias?? :s-smilie:

I've met gay men and women who hate the opposite sex...if they were able to raise children, they could pass on their dislike onto that child, intentional or not
I fully support gay adoption and same sex parenting. The gender of the parent bears little relevance on how well they can bring up a child; they are capable of loving a child just the same, teaching them morals, and sufficient knowledge regarding humanities, science and mathematics. Perhaps the child will be prone to ridicule by ones peers, but hopefully as time progresses, it will become more accepted. Utilising logic and reason, is key in these instances.
Reply 104
Toquin
kind of the point really
people who think homosexuality is wrong are closed minded
people who think gay adoption is wrong are closed minded

so pretty much its people who are open minded arguing against people who are closed minded, which obviously the whole point of them being closed minded means there isnt even any point in trying to argue with them

and thanks i was gonna +rep you but wouldnt let me and my rep power is hardly anything anyway but you just seemed to make sense

Totally!

I was going to rep you too, but i've already given it today :frown:

Remind me, and i will give some to you tomorrow! :smile: x
infernalcradle
I think, the only real issues that may come up would be the obvious stigma that will follow that child...and also there may be the potential for that child to become alienated against the opposite sex due to the inherant bias of the parents

I'd think it would be easier to be a straight guy raised by same-sex parents than come out as gay to straight parents - something I have yet to do.
Yawn11
We can take this more generally:

- I don't agree with homosexual marriages.
- I don't agree with homosexuality ON THE WHOLE. But that doesn't make me necessarily homophobic?

If I agee'd with it I'd be gay or bi-sexual.

Well that's kinda sad. Being gay friendly does not mean to say you are gay, or even think the act is moral. I don't like nuts myself, and can't understand why anyone would want to eat them, but I can fully accept people people who do and agree with their right to eat nuts and raise children without the need to like nuts myself.
Reply 106
lets argue with a brick wall some more guise!
Yawn11
But say by good chance the children are straight, they're not going to have any foundation on what a heterosexual relationship can be like. For example how to treat a girl, and be cautious when she's upset, and charm her.

You think you are taught these? These are neurobiologically hard-wired into you from millions of years of evolution.
Yawn11
That's a silly comparison cause i'm not saying I can't stand to be in the same room as a homosexual. And in response to your last point, I don't believe homosexuality is natural, therefore I wouldn't want my siblings raised in such an unnatural environment. Hope that clears things up.

Okay, so do you ban processed foods, television, anything electronic? You realise these things are... unnatural.
Yawn11
That's a silly comparison cause i'm not saying I can't stand to be in the same room as a homosexual. And in response to your last point, I don't believe homosexuality is natural, therefore I wouldn't want my siblings raised in such an unnatural environment. Hope that clears things up.

It's not a silly comparison. Both use the argument "it's against my personal beliefs" as some sort of relief from criticism, because it apparently mitigates what you say before it.

Also, homosexuality occurs all the time in nature. How is it not natural?

And even if it wasn't, neither are televisions, microwaves, fridges or polyester. I'm still waiting for a better argument. :/
Magma828
Wouldn't the child be encouraged to be homosexual, if they were raised by homosexual parents?

I always thought sexuality was partly based on genetics and your environment, so surely it would have some effect?

I don't believe there's anything wrong with being gay either, but it has many disadvantages over being straight. I'm bi but "choose" to be straight, because it's more acceptable and you can have your own children and lead a more normal family life. Again, I'm not saying a same-sex couple couldn't do this.. but it's just different =/

You can't 'encourage' someone to be gay. That implies it's a choice and you're actively trying to make them so.

Anyhow, if there are environmental factors, it's clearly not to do with being raised by gay parents, is it? Since the majority (i.e. almost all) of gay people have perfectly heterosexual parents.

Don't forget environment also includes foetal environment for example (can't remember where I read it but I read it somewhere that it could well be to do with hormones you're exposed to in the womb). It's more likely to be more concrete factors like that rather than how your parents bring you up.
infernalcradle
I've met gay men and women who hate the opposite sex...if they were able to raise children, they could pass on their dislike onto that child, intentional or not

Are you really that stupid to believe that? Why would gay people hate the opposite sex? Even if they did, I'm sure it is possible that there are straight men or women, who are divorced or have experienced an abusive relationship that could be said to hate the opposite sex.
Reply 112
infernalcradle

You cannot be serious?! I don't believe you...

I live in a straight world, i have straight friends, straight family, straight people i work with, straight teachers... straight everyone in comparison to the amount of gay people i know!

Why would i hate these people??? Why would anyone hate these people??? It's just not worth it, or possible! So to suggest that people would pass this on to their children is laughable! When for example, even if a child may have gay parents, they would still have many female aunts, grandmothers, cousins etc in their lives...
Reply 113
heidigirl
You can't 'encourage' someone to be gay. That implies it's a choice and you're actively trying to make them so.

Anyhow, if there are environmental factors, it's clearly not to do with being raised by gay parents, is it? Since the majority (i.e. almost all) of gay people have perfectly heterosexual parents.

Don't forget environment also includes foetal environment for example (can't remember where I read it but I read it somewhere that it could well be to do with hormones you're exposed to in the womb). It's more likely to be more concrete factors like that rather than how your parents bring you up.

ahhh a fellow pastaferian i see

0w3n-69
You cannot be serious?! I don't believe you...

I live in a straight world, i have straight friends, straight family, straight people i work with, straight teachers... straight everyone in comparison to the amount of gay people i know!

Why would i hate these people??? Why would anyone hate these people??? It's just not worth it, or possible! So to suggest that people would pass this on to their children is laughable! When for example, even if a child may have gay parents, they would still have many female aunts, grandmothers, cousins etc in their lives...

your wasting your time you know?
edit: did you just change your profile?
Yawn11

Personally I think its bad enough your gay, fair enough off your choice of life style, BUT to raise kids in an environment where they would believe that to be the norm is just wrong...

I'm not saying there is complete stability in heterosexual parenting, but blah...

What's your thoughts?

I see there is yet a lot for you to learn still :smile:

People don't choose to be gay mate, they are born like that. As you might be able to imagine, it can sometimes be pretty difficult for teens to come out as it is not always accepted by everyone. Surely if a person knew they were going to get bullied and beaten up, why ON EARTH would they choose to be gay and go through all that? Doesn't make sense does it? yeah it's because people can't help it :wink:

It's not like if gay people raise a boy or girl that kid automatically becomes gay :s-smilie:

''Personally I think its bad enough your gay, fair enough off your choice of life style'' is a very offensive thing to say.
I just don't know how the child is not going to be bullied at school.
Reply 116
didgeridoo12uk
i couldn't care less if my parents were a gay couple. i really don't see an issue with it

THAT <3
Reply 117
Best Superlative
And even if it wasn't, neither are televisions, microwaves, fridges or polyester. I'm still waiting for a better argument. :/

katebushfan
Okay, so do you ban processed foods, television, anything electronic? You realise these things are... unnatural.

I hate when people make completely stupid points like this. That fact your willing to go as far as comparing sexuality to technology just shows how weak your argument is. I'm not gonna entertain this with a proper response, this has already bin replied so read back.

To put it simply, if the was ABSOLUTELY nothing wrong with homosexuality, this wouldn't even be a debate.
Reply 118
Toquin
your wasting your time you know?
edit: did you just change your profile?

I know... i don't know why i'm trying... XD

And no? :s-smilie: lol
Yawn11
No, even gays can tell when they first have those unnatural urges that what they feel/do is not entirely right.

If it was natural for same sex genders to have kids they would have kids NATURALLY. And the MAJORITY of the world would be homosexual.

Thankfully its not.

I suggest you purchase a GCSE Biology textbook. Your knowledge of your own species is atrocious, and honestly, a disgrace to humanity.

Latest

Trending

Trending