The Student Room Group

Sherlock

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Pandora.
That's fine for me :biggrin:

And does French Sherlock have a sexy voice too?

I suppose. Not as sexy as Benny's though. I've also seen the drugs bust scene in Spanish, though I didn't understand a word :tongue:

Also in French John is pronounced as 'Zhawn', kind of. Hard to explain, but it's similar to jaune (french word for yellow). xD
Reply 581
Original post by Ape Gone Insane
All three were broadcast last year. They did them all again this year but I imagine when you watched the first episode this year, the other 2 hadn't been broadcasted as repeats yet.

Oh, and happy belated birthday. :smile:

So is it going to stop at the 3rd one again? or it'll carry on this time?

Original post by punctuation
I suppose. Not as sexy as Benny's though. I've also seen the drugs bust scene in Spanish, though I didn't understand a word :tongue:

Also in French John is pronounced as 'Zhawn', kind of. Hard to explain, but it's similar to jaune (french word for yellow). xD

Ah I get what you mean. I'm trying to image Ben speaking French in Sherlock... :coma:
Ah I get what you mean. I'm trying to image Ben speaking French in Sherlock... :coma:

There are a few vids on YT... Molly's is also very cute!
There are a few vids on YT... Molly's is also very cute!

Just found one. The dialogue when I'm not watching it sounds like something from Broken Sword (old PC game). I like the voices a lot though.. veyr sexy :ninja:.
Just found one. The dialogue when I'm not watching it sounds like something from Broken Sword (old PC game). I like the voices a lot though.. veyr sexy :ninja:.

Haha wow... :P Sounds interesting.
Just incase we ever get Moffated trolled:

Just incase we ever get Moffated trolled:

me likes this :yep:
They've blocked off north gower for parking. :wink: the 221B sign is up. I took a photo but didn't get to pose outside due to security. Ah well next time. :biggrin: they haven't started filming nor have the actors/moffat/mcguigan arrived. Which is good because in the morning I've been touring UCL instead of lurking.

Feel really odd as I'm the only spectator so far... Planning to eat at Speedy's for lunch!
They've blocked off north gower for parking. :wink: the 221B sign is up. I took a photo but didn't get to pose outside due to security. Ah well next time. :biggrin: they haven't started filming nor have the actors/moffat/mcguigan arrived. Which is good because in the morning I've been touring UCL instead of lurking.

Feel really odd as I'm the only spectator so far... Planning to eat at Speedy's for lunch!

You saw the 221B sign?! You are so lucky :yes:

Keep us updated if you can! Sounds exciting:h:
Original post by xEndeavors
You saw the 221B sign?! You are so lucky :yes:

Was at Waterstone's trying to find Sherlock book or something for them to sign but didn't really find anything and gave up. :tongue: I'd rather get a photo with them if it comes to that (fingers crossed). I'm so excited but so far it's been boring and intimidating with the security about and none of the people I recognize.

What do you think of UCL? And Speedy's? :lol:
Good luck with getting an autograph! Are there really no Sherlock Holmes books at all in Waterstones? :lolwut: I would have thought there'd be loads.

EDIT: Did you see this? (possible spoiler)

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
SPOILER?:

Spoiler

I saw both yes. I was there the whole day yesterday, sitting outside Speedy's beside Sherlockology crew until they moved the tables to film more. Highlights included a chat with Paul Mcguigan, the very nice director. Autograph from Benny on my SH museum postcard. 3 direct smiles from Martin. Also saw Mark Gatiss who put his coffee on my table and Sue Vertue who chatted with Sherlockology trio. Very fun day. I was very lucky to be in such a prime location to watch!

Today they were also filming but since I already watched all day yesterday and was planning to visit Oxford uni today, I did so. Turns out the riots in London moved closer, police came by, and they had to cut filming short! Eek. All safe though, glad I stayed out of the whole mess. No idea when they're due to complete filming but certainly not tomorrow. Cheers :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
I saw both yes. I was there the whole day yesterday, sitting outside Speedy's beside Sherlockology crew until they moved the tables to film more. Highlights included a chat with Paul Mcguigan, the very nice director. Autograph from Benny on my SH museum postcard. 3 direct smiles from Martin. Also saw Mark Gatiss who put his coffee on my table and Sue Vertue who chatted with Sherlockology trio. Very fun day. I was very lucky to be in such a prime location to watch!

Today they were also filming but since I already watched all day yesterday and was planning to visit Oxford uni today, I did so. Turns out the riots in London moved closer, police came by, and they had to cut filming short! Eek. All safe though, glad I stayed out of the whole mess. No idea when they're due to complete filming but certainly not tomorrow. Cheers :wink:

I'm so jealous!! :mad::biggrin: I hope you aren't missing out the part when you fainted on Martin :lol:
Glad you were out of the way during the riots - not the best advert for the UK :biggrin:
Did you enjoy UCL & Oxford?
UCL was nice to look at but not very useful. Oxford was a bit dulled by the excitement yesterday. Very sad that filming was interrupted! They had only begun shooting the actors at 2pm and had to run at 6pm! Oh dear! Benny was not there but Martin, Gatiss, and Rupert Graves (Lestrade) were actors. Not sure if Moffat was there but I doubt it since there were no tweets from him. He wasn't there yesterday either, surprising as he is the writer for the episode.

I came back about 8 after eating dinner nearby and was surprised to see the street completely empty. Since yesterday they finished about 8:30 and were pulling things down still by then, I had expected at least one or two crew members still hanging by. However it was deserted, all the signs were gone, and the rest. I thought they just wrapped quickly until I read the twitter updates.
UCL was nice to look at but not very useful. Oxford was a bit dulled by the excitement yesterday. Very sad that filming was interrupted! They had only begun shooting the actors at 2pm and had to run at 6pm! Oh dear! Benny was not there but Martin, Gatiss, and Rupert Graves (Lestrade) were actors. Not sure if Moffat was there but I doubt it since there were no tweets from him. He wasn't there yesterday either, surprising as he is the writer for the episode.

I came back about 8 after eating dinner nearby and was surprised to see the street completely empty. Since yesterday they finished about 8:30 and were pulling things down still by then, I had expected at least one or two crew members still hanging by. However it was deserted, all the signs were gone, and the rest. I thought they just wrapped quickly until I read the twitter updates.

Such a shame they had to cut filming short :frown: So much has been affected by the riots :s-smilie:.
I wonder why BC wasn't there... :holmes:
Such a shame they had to cut filming short :frown: So much has been affected by the riots :s-smilie:.
I wonder why BC wasn't there... :holmes:

Benny was probably done filming in that location. Yesterday he had 2 1/2 scenes (half is one with Martin); Martin had just one other which lasted hours with Paul getting many different angles. Would have been nice to have them resume film tomorrow or the day after but unlikely due to safety reasons. Also it's probably best for me to avoid Martin and Benny not just for my sanity but also because I'm afraid I came off as a bit mad, mostly to Martin at the end of the day. :tongue:
Benny was probably done filming in that location. Yesterday he had 2 1/2 scenes (half is one with Martin); Martin had just one other which lasted hours with Paul getting many different angles. Would have been nice to have them resume film tomorrow or the day after but unlikely due to safety reasons. Also it's probably best for me to avoid Martin and Benny not just for my sanity but also because I'm afraid I came off as a bit mad, mostly to Martin at the end of the day. :tongue:

:rofl: I'm not sure "hysterically obsessed fans" was in the job description!

So hopefully the rumours of Ben getting hit in the face with a water bottle aren't true then? I'll personally take the snooker cue from upstairs and shove it through the chest of anyone who tries to mess with the Sherlock crew :biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest