The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i dont see why you're complaining about that. same day is awesome. bearing in mind its free as well.
Reply 2
Depends on how busy they are, but our GP has works on two speeds: SLOW and STOP. She's always late and seems to spend more time wandering through the waiting rooms than actually seeing people. When she finally does get to you usually a hour after your appointment time you get about 5 mins and she's done with you
Reply 3
Neo
i dont see why you're complaining about that. same day is awesome. bearing in mind its free as well.

Well... not exactly.

I generally have to phone at least a couple of days in advance to get an appointment. Same day is reserved for emergencies.
Reply 4
I wanted to pre-book but you can only arrange an appointment for the same day which is a bit annoying.
Reply 5
moregano
Well... not exactly.

I generally have to phone at least a couple of days in advance to get an appointment. Same day is reserved for emergencies.

Oh god I'm so sorry, I thought it was actually free, I didn't think taxes were used to fund the NHS. I didn't realise this at all. My god.
My GP is the same, but it doesn't bother me too much that I have to call up early :dontknow:
Reply 7
If I want an appointment that day I have to phone at 8am or 2pm but they go really quickly so it's nearly impossible to get an appointment for that day. It usually takes about a week (it has been as much as 2 weeks before).
Reply 8
Is same day appt not good enough for you? lol
I always make appointments for the next day.
Reply 10
jimmy19
Apparently I have to ring my surgery between 8am-9am to get an appointment on the same day otherwise it will be full... damn I have to be up early:eek3:

My GP is the same, lines open 8am-9am... Call after 8:30 and there will be no more same day appointments left.
Following a rather complicated booking with the automated system, I would generally be assured of an appointment in just over a week.
Reply 12
My GP is really good tbh. You phone to book an appointment to speak to him on the phone. When you phone back at the time you've been given he decides if you need to see him or if its just a simple perscription you need or if the nurse can deal with you.

My old GP you got an appointment llike 3/4 weeks after you phoned to make one!

Latest

Trending

Trending