The Student Room Group

Diarrhoea and Stomach Cramps/Pain

Hi how long does stomach cramps and Diarrhoea take to overcome I’ve noticed that I’ve been having these symptoms since Monday and it’s just been getting worse to be honest every time I try to eat I get a gas like feeling in my stomach and it’s not as though I need to go to the toilet all the time but when I do go it doesn’t seem to help it stop.
Reply 1
If you’ve had Diarrhoea for more than 2 days despite medication to assist then you’d need to arrange an appointment with your GP, I understand it’s the weekend and obtaining one is highly unlikely therefore would recommend 111. In the meantime you can utilise Over the counter medication such as loperamide (should you be allowed it, check with pharmacist) and Dioralyte in order to replenish lost electrolytes.

If you know what the cause of this is I.e. certain foods/Pre existing medical conditions then do your best to avoid triggers, if there is no known cause then best to seek Medical assistance where possible sooner rather than later. Hence 111. If 111 say they’re sending you an ambulance (Dw you’re not a special case they send everyone one) and you’re able and willing to make your own way to A&E then you’re allowed to call 999 and cancel it to make your own way to either A&E or a Walk-IN-Centre.

Potentially this may be a Food Poisoning or Gastroenteritis, but seek assistance where possible.

Quick Reply

Latest