The Student Room Group
Reply 1
If you're so good at it and have so much experience why do you need a formal qualification?
Reply 2
Tek
If you're so good at it and have so much experience why do you need a formal qualification?

Cause I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. I can't get promotion cause I'm not qualified, plus I'd like to know everything and become as good as I can be. :smile:
Reply 3
Tek

you don't tend to get anywhere without a formal qualification, unless there is an extreme shortage in people for that certian (type of) job.
Reply 4
How's this?? *laugh or cry?* :confused: x

It would be wrong for me to say that the decision I made at Sixteen, to be independent and go out into the world and get a job, has satisfied all my dreams and ambitions, it hasn't.

In an attempt to widen my horizons and prepare myself for prospective studies, I embarked on a PT HNC Business course at my local college, which unfortunately was unable to complete due to the emotional distress caused by the miscarriage of my child.
Yet, I have fought to overcome this obstacle, and I'm still confident and determined to succeed, showing not only myself but to all; I will not be defeated by obstacles. Through my past experiences I realise now that I have the opportunity to rectify my former decisions.

Although my work experience has given me many skills in dealing with issues involving PR, formal education I feel is a necessary step to further myself within the industry. Alongside helping my career chances, it will fulfil my insatiable pursuit for knowledge and a greater understanding of my chosen field of study, which no amount of work experience could give me.

Latest

Trending

Trending