The Student Room Group

How do I stop feeling jealous of my crush and my best friend's friendship?

I feel like a major hypocrite. First of all, they're only friends because I introduced them to each other. I'm friends with my crush and of course, my best friend is my best friend.

I know my best friend would never go behind my back like that, she's too sweet for her own good. But I still can't help the jealousy bubbling within me at their friendship. My jealousy goes both ways: I'm worried she'll take him from me, and I'm worried he'll take her from me. I really like him, and I absolutely adore my best friend, but I can't help it. I want to stop feeling like this, because today I kind of blew the both of them off without meaning to. My best friend has been asking me what the matter was and I'm so ashamed to tell her. Someone please help me.
Reply 1
Sexual jealousy in friendship situations is a very unpleasant feeling. You just have to try to rise above it and distract yourself with other things. These situations are short lived, likely it doesn’t work out with them, or if it does it is only for a short time. The moment passes quickly and you learn from dealing with it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending