The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

how lenient are Liverpool

Im scared... I applied to do politics and they are expecting A,B,B but I really dont think i will get in... Im expecting something like A,C,D or maybe A,B,D??? dont know. But im just curious, does anybody know if they get alot of applicants on the course and wheather they take pitty on people... :woo: :eek3: :woo:
sharpiiie
Im scared... I applied to do politics and they are expecting A,B,B but I really dont think i will get in... Im expecting something like A,C,D or maybe A,B,D??? dont know. But im just curious, does anybody know if they get alot of applicants on the course and wheather they take pitty on people... :woo: :eek3: :woo:

Universities are getting stricter so I suppose they are unlikely to be lenient.
Good luck though and hopefully they will accept. But I won't get my hopes so high.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
It will probably depend on numerous factors ie how competitive the course is, if many other students have also missed their offer or if people have done better than expected (particularly since the number of applicants have risen this year). I've read posts stating that students have been accepted with grades lower than their offers in the past, however it may be completely different this year. I'm also worried about missing my offer but we won't truly know until results day. Best of luck! :smile:

Edit: During my course open day, the head of department mentioned how if you had the University of Liverpool as your firm choice and expressed great enthusiasm in the course and contacted them, you may be more likely to be accepted if you were to miss a grade or two.
As far as I know from a friend who started last year. He needed to get ABB to study biochemistry, he got ACC, they let him in without a problem ( and his course is very popular) It will wholly depend on how subscribed the course is. The uni wants your tuition fee at the end of the day. Bums on seats = good.

Edit : Just to add, although I had an unconditional because offer; I already had my A levels and a year at another uni. The course states ABB typical offer but in the actual course specification ( I don't know if they have the spec for politics for public viewing) It stated they would accept BBB this could be the same for your course, but I don't know if this was from a few years ago. I would try and speak to one of the admission tutors Monday, tell them you are concerned, as you really want to go to Liverpool to study, then they might see you are extremely enthusiastic and let you in providing your grades aren't a disaster.
Reply 4
I was expecting BCD in my a levels and got AAA, don't sweat it.
Reply 5
Alot of competition for uni places this year so they are less likely to be lenient, but I wouldn't worry til your exam results come through.
Reply 6
Keep believing in yourself, even if you don't achieve as highly as you expected. Hard work and a common goal is the solution to get good grades
Reply 7
I got ABDce even though the requirements were ABB (BBB in Clearing) and still accepted. :smile:
I got ABB even though they asked for AAB and was still accepted :smile:
Original post by samanthaaaa
It will probably depend on numerous factors ie how competitive the course is, if many other students have also missed their offer or if people have done better than expected (particularly since the number of applicants have risen this year). I've read posts stating that students have been accepted with grades lower than their offers in the past, however it may be completely different this year. I'm also worried about missing my offer but we won't truly know until results day. Best of luck! :smile:

Edit: During my course open day, the head of department mentioned how if you had the University of Liverpool as your firm choice and expressed great enthusiasm in the course and contacted them, you may be more likely to be accepted if you were to miss a grade or two.

How would you contact them and who would you contact? How do you show interest? :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending