The Student Room Group

Is It Too Late To Apply To Uni Now? Sept 2010

Hi everyone!

As the title, I have been unsure of uni as i have been trying to save up, but i really want to go now, Im 22 years old now, going to be 23 in december, Im currently working in tescos part-time with the odd over-time, but it just feels dead-end and is boring, i hate working there, i need a change, I know i can study, but is it too late to apply now to start in september? or january? i have studied computing in Btec level before and enjoyed it so i would like to do a computer/business foundation degree, but i have not got any A-levels or access course too. I been looking at unis like hertfordshire, west minister and wolverhampton

Anybody know what my options are? or any other advice?

Thanks in Advance..
did you bother applying at all because if you did and were unsuccessful there is always clearing, other than that contact uni's directly for advice on specific courses

hope that helpful
Reply 2
lancasterjonny
did you bother applying at all because if you did and were unsuccessful there is always clearing, other than that contact uni's directly for advice on specific courses

hope that helpful

Hi, thanks for your reply, I have not applied at all, as i was unsure :s-smilie: , will need to ring up then :smile: , going to that after work tommorrow.
R kk you can only go through clearing if you've applied, hope you get onto what you want.

However dont rush so apply next year, get some relevant experience if needed, get prepared for interviews personal statement etc.
Reply 4
well if you havent applied at all
not touched ucas at all?
unless you give the uni a call
but then you're left till next september :s-smilie:
I very much doubt there will be any places worth taking left. The best bet you have is to apply for next year, and make sure you do things to pad out your personal statement.. possibly course related. And tell them what you plan to do in the year.
You CAN apply now. If you apply now you go straight into clearing.

Definitely worth giving the unis a ring first though to see if they have any places. :h:
I think it'd be best to wait for 2011 entry. That way, you've got the pick of courses and unis to choose from, rather than scrabble about in clearing. Good luck, whatever you decide to do. :smile:
best bet is to do loads of research over summer and apply for 2011, get a really good idea about what u wanna do. Get you application in early. Until uni starts do something like Platform 2 (https://www.myplatform2.com/about) or camp america (http://www.campamerica.co.uk/). Fun and excellent CV builders!! xx
VIDDY
Hi everyone!

As the title, I have been unsure of uni as i have been trying to save up, but i really want to go now, Im 22 years old now, going to be 23 in december, Im currently working in tescos part-time with the odd over-time, but it just feels dead-end and is boring, i hate working there, i need a change, I know i can study, but is it too late to apply now to start in september? or january? i have studied computing in Btec level before and enjoyed it so i would like to do a computer/business foundation degree, but i have not got any A-levels or access course too. I been looking at unis like hertfordshire, west minister and wolverhampton

Anybody know what my options are? or any other advice?

Thanks in Advance..

best bet is to do loads of research over summer and apply for 2011, get a really good idea about what u wanna do. Get you application in early. Until uni starts do something like Platform 2 (https://www.myplatform2.com/about) or camp america (http://www.campamerica.co.uk/). Fun and excellent CV builders!! xx
Reply 10
You can apply now, though there may not be places left at a uni you wish to go to and you may not yet have the right entry qualifications (its competative at the mo!) The best is to decide whether or not you are rushing into this, and then look on the UCAS site to see what places are available. Do a seach on courses you are interested in and look for an "X" next to the course. This shows there are places which may be in clearing. a "C" means the course is already full and will NOT be in clearing (when england clearing opens)

http://www.ucas.ac.uk/students/coursesearch/2010searcheu/

Best to chat to any relevant uni's before applying. May save you some money if they say you are unlikley to get in this year and need to undertake further qualifications for entry in 2011

Best of luck
mat43
You can apply now, though there may not be places left at a uni you wish to go to and you may not yet have the right entry qualifications (its competative at the mo!) The best is to decide whether or not you are rushing into this, and then look on the UCAS site to see what places are available. Do a seach on courses you are interested in and look for an "X" next to the course. This shows there are places which may be in clearing. a "C" means the course is already full and will NOT be in clearing (when england clearing opens)

Mat43, thank you very much for this information, its like you have solved my life. I'm in very much the same boat, thanks guys, no idea where I would be without TSR, =)

Latest

Trending

Trending