The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

London Met, Middlesex or Lancaster (North of England) for Translation?

My aim is to be a translator. I got into Lancaster for English and Linguistics ( 3 years) and was very happy with it, but now I started to think that maybe I would have a better chance to get a job if I graduate with a BA in Translation? I have only found 2 universities that suit me for Translation courses. I wanted to get into London Metropolitan (3-year course), but they said they accept people for my language only from year 2 and I need to study 1st year Translation somewhere else. Then I found Middlesex (which is 4 years). I thought of getting into Middlesex and transfer to London Met after a year, but I haven't read any positive feedback about London Met. I would prefer Lancaster much more to these two, but the city is small and the programme is not called 'Translating'. Will it be a problem when I try to find a job? (I'm not going to be able to afford an MA soon , but I'd like to start working as a translator a s soon as possible).

Sandra
I can't really give you much advice on your course etc, but i've heard nothing but bads things from London met. They could be wrong of course. It might be worth looking on whatuni.com (I think that's the address) and look at the reviews for yourself :smile:
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

Latest

Trending

Trending