The Student Room Group

Lancaster 2024 entry

Does Lancaster only accept students who live in the North West of UK for Medicine ie it s MBBS course? So people living outside the area should not apply?
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
They'll accept students from anywhere in the UK and international students
Original post by Shslini
Does Lancaster only accept students who live in the North West of UK for Medicine ie it s MBBS course? So people living outside the area should not apply?

When applying to any medical school it is best for the applicant to do some research and go to the medical schools website, or even contact them
Original post by Shslini

Hi,
Medicine students can apply from anywhere, not just in the north west.
Becky (Lancaster university student ambassador)
Reply 4
Hi
Thanks a where did you get this information from? On their website it says for MBBS Medicine they accept international students and only a few from the UK who live in the North West of England?

Original post by Ynnlk
They'll accept students from anywhere in the UK and international students
Original post by Shslini
Hi
Thanks a where did you get this information from? On their website it says for MBBS Medicine they accept international students and only a few from the UK who live in the North West of England?

Hey @Shslini,

I believe you are looking at UCLAN University (based in Preston) - they welcome mostly international students and limited home students. Lancaster University (based in Lancaster) also does medicine and accepts any applicant based on BMAT. Both are based in Lancashire.

Here you can find the link to each MBBS course, respectively:
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine-mbbs
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medicine/

I am a medical student at Lancaster University, feel free to ask me any more questions 😊. I hope this helped.

Shaheer (Lancaster Student Ambassador)
Reply 6
Original post by Lancaster Student Ambassador
Hey @Shslini,

I believe you are looking at UCLAN University (based in Preston) - they welcome mostly international students and limited home students. Lancaster University (based in Lancaster) also does medicine and accepts any applicant based on BMAT. Both are based in Lancashire.

Here you can find the link to each MBBS course, respectively:
https://www.uclan.ac.uk/undergraduate/courses/medicine-mbbs
https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/lms/medicine/

I am a medical student at Lancaster University, feel free to ask me any more questions 😊. I hope this helped.

Shaheer (Lancaster Student Ambassador)

Thank you
You are right- I was looking at uclan as I dis not realise there were 2 universities with similar names in that area.
Please can you advise what are the best resources for revision for Bmat?
Thanks
Original post by Shslini
Thank you
You are right- I was looking at uclan as I dis not realise there were 2 universities with similar names in that area.
Please can you advise what are the best resources for revision for Bmat?
Thanks

Hi there @Shslini, :smile:

For our MBBS Medicine & Surgery course, UK applicants must live in the North West of England. You can learn more about the course and it's full entry requirements here.

If you have any questions please do let me know.
All the best,
Sarah
@Lancaster Student Ambassador, I Applied to Lancaster for A100. But I didn't receive any confirmation from the university whether they received my application or not? Are they usually send any email when they receive an application for A100? Please let me know.
Original post by teletubbies1238
@Lancaster Student Ambassador, I Applied to Lancaster for A100. But I didn't receive any confirmation from the university whether they received my application or not? Are they usually send any email when they receive an application for A100? Please let me know.

Hi we did receive an email to complete a short survey on English Qualifications. But no request to set up a portal page thought. I guess just wait till after 24th November when BMAT results released. Long time....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending