The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2011!

Now that UCAS is open, I thought I'd muster some enthusiasm and start a forum. Because we deserve one!

Who are you? What subjects are you applying for, why St Andrews, is it your firm, your insurance, or somewhere in between--whatever you so desire. Seeking questions, answers, fretting about A-level/IB/Advanced Higher results, panic about meeting your offers, and all the madness of applying to uni. :biggrin:

I'm Raye Cerys (or just Raye), applying for Biology. My choices are in constant flux, so it's all subject to change based on my whims at the moment. :p:

Scroll to see replies

dsgs\gs
(edited 11 years ago)
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 2
(You)
Personally, I prefer to fret about my Advanced Higher results.

Yes, that would be more pertinent to your curriculum. :p:
Reply 3
lechaton-x
I'm Deanna Quirke :smile: I am applying to St. Andrews because I love the old, traditional feel of the place (and cheap uni feeds, lol :wink:)....I'm applying for Arabic + IR atm, but if my AS results are a bit rubbish, then it'll have to be Arabic + Middle Eastern Studies (the typical offer is ABB, as opposed to AAA!)

I'm also applying to Oxford (Wadham), SOAS, Leeds and Exeter for Arabic... (sole, w/politics, w/IR)

Hello! Yeah, it seems a bit like traveling back in time. And cheap uni feeds are the best. :yep:

Nice. What subjects are you taking? My roommate's reading Arabic and IR--she loves it. ^^
ssfsdf
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Wow, we're here already. It was only yesterday where I was posting what I was applying for. Good luck ladies.
Reply 6
Good luck to all applying this year!
I'm Devon. :smile: Nice to see a St Andrews thread already!
I'm applying because of St Andrews' reputation for Social Anthropology, plus the fact that it's in Scotland! Lower uni fees haha, got to love that.

Applying as an A2 student, as i'm taking a gap year from September. Assuming I get an offer, St Andrews would be somewhere in the middle for me preference-wise.
(edited 13 years ago)
I'm applying to St. Andrews too :smile:
But it's for medicine ahahah. So couldn't telll you what my chances of getting in are like
I havent been to Bute. but i'm going in october, got to admit like i'm canny disappointed it has no clubs ?!
Massive change from Newcastl ebut hey that can be a good thing too :h:
I'm Liam :smile:
I'm applying for the golf, the high rankings and it's location :smile:
I'm planning to study classics with management..
It is my first choice, by far :biggrin:
Reply 10
laurenl93
But it's for medicine ahahah. So couldn't telll you what my chances of getting in are like
I havent been to Bute. but i'm going in october, got to admit like i'm canny disappointed it has no clubs ?!

Fellow Newcastler! Yay!
Reply 11
laurenl93

it does sort of have clubs. The lizard is like a mini club but v. nice. Then there's the union. Also lots of people go to fat sam's in dundee every wednesday. PLus there are a million pubs/bars so there's lots to do! New Med school is v. pretty btw :biggrin:
Reply 12
Hi all!
I'm from Singapore and I'm applying for IR + modern history.
SA is definitely my first choice.
I'm think of applying to Nottingham and LSE too. And maybe Warwick, but I haven't really made up my mind yet,
I think I kinda screwed up my preliminary exams, so my predicted grades probably won't meet the AAA that SA's looking for.
But hey, a girl can always hope right?

Nice to meet all of you and hoping to see you in St Andrews next year! (:
LGF92
Fellow Newcastler! Yay!

Yay :smile: So what are you applying for?
I tried to look for travel from newc to st andrews and it looks bloody difficult D:
I'm applying too!
Good luck everyoen
Reply 15
laurenl93
Yay :smile: So what are you applying for?
I tried to look for travel from newc to st andrews and it looks bloody difficult D:

I'm already here (2010 entry) :wink: I was just empathising!

Travel for me is usually train from Newcastle -> Edinburgh, train from Edinburgh -> Leuchars, bus from Leuchars -> St Andrews. It's usually no more than £25-30 one-way.
Hello :smile: I'm applying for Classics-Philosophy. I'm from Belfast and I'm hoping for St Andrews because I really love the location and the academic standards there. 'Tis very cosy.
Reply 17
Hey, I'm applying for History due to the great reputation for the subject and overall and free tuition but I made my final choice due to the alternative prospectus which managed to convince me that there's actually something to do :biggrin: I'm applying to Oxford, York, Warwick and Durham as well, Oxford is my first choice but honestly I'm not sure at all of my order of preference when it comes to the last 4 - I thought I should worry about the offers first :smile:
Reply 18
Spanish and ME Studies :smile:
possibly applying for IR.
Although I think my chances will be pretty small, buggered up on AS levels....although I still have AAA predictions...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending