The Student Room Group

Student Finance application - Changing passport details?

Since I submitted my Student Finance application, I've received a new passport (but with the same details). Looking at my application, I can't find an option to change my passport details as it just says "Passport details provided". Since the details are virtually the same (i.e. name, date of birth, address, etc.) on my new passport as my old one, do I still need to update the application?
Reply 1
Have you found an answer for this yet? I'll soon be in the same situation as my passport expires in October.
Reply 2
treemantris
Have you found an answer for this yet? I'll soon be in the same situation as my passport expires in October.

Not yet, but I think they just wanted my passport as basic evidence that I'm a British citizen and that the details are correct. Since none of my details have changed (apart from my age of course), it's not an issue.
OL1V3R
Since I submitted my Student Finance application, I've received a new passport (but with the same details). Looking at my application, I can't find an option to change my passport details as it just says "Passport details provided". Since the details are virtually the same (i.e. name, date of birth, address, etc.) on my new passport as my old one, do I still need to update the application?

hi OL1V3R, if when you originally submitted your passport details in your application the passport was valid, then you wouldnt need to send in new passport details again

if you require any further clarification please contact us on 0845 300 5090
Reply 4
Student Finance England
hi OL1V3R, if when you originally submitted your passport details in your application the passport was valid, then you wouldnt need to send in new passport details again

if you require any further clarification please contact us on 0845 300 5090

Okay, thanks.
Reply 5
my new passport came in today, how do i put passport details on student finance
Original post by fahiima
my new passport came in today, how do i put passport details on student finance

UK Passport ?

Complete a uk passport details form available on the gov.uk website if you search student finance forms **

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending