The Student Room Group

waiting on student finance?

my application is still being processed and im a bit worried it won't be complete in time, anyone else in a similar situation?
Original post by astrostial
my application is still being processed and im a bit worried it won't be complete in time, anyone else in a similar situation?

Have you applied for a student bank account with an overdraft facility? This could help to pay for accommodation at the start of term until your maintenance loan comes through.
Reply 2
Original post by normaw
Have you applied for a student bank account with an overdraft facility? This could help to pay for accommodation at the start of term until your maintenance loan comes through.

hello, im planning to do that this weekend, im currently looking at which banks would be the best
hello, im planning to do that this weekend, im currently looking at which banks would be the best

This is a good place to start your research:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/
Reply 4
Original post by normaw
This is a good place to start your research:

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-bank-account/

thank you!
Reply 5

I'm in the same situation, when did you send your application in?
Reply 6
Original post by FireFoxy
I'm in the same situation, when did you send your application in?

i sent my passport and BRP on the 11th of august since i wasn't able to do it before then and i changed my university details yesterday (bc i went through clearing)
Reply 7
i sent my passport and BRP on the 11th of august since i wasn't able to do it before then and i changed my university details yesterday (bc i went through clearing)

I went through clearing too so I only applied to sfe on the 20th of August. I think I might call sfe tomorrow to see what the wait time will be like. My uni enrollment involves me telling them some details of my sfe/how i'll pay tuition so its getting me a bit worried.
Reply 8
I went through clearing too so I only applied to sfe on the 20th of August. I think I might call sfe tomorrow to see what the wait time will be like. My uni enrollment involves me telling them some details of my sfe/how i'll pay tuition so its getting me a bit worried.

yes it would be worth calling, but don’t worry too much im sure it’ll all be sorted out! also they’re open until 8pm if you would like to try and call today
Reply 9
yes it would be worth calling, but don’t worry too much im sure it’ll all be sorted out! also they’re open until 8pm if you would like to try and call today

Really? i wish I saw this earlier. i only saw this now so I’ll have to call tommorow
Reply 10
Really? i wish I saw this earlier. i only saw this now so I’ll have to call tommorow

that's still fine don't stress it, just call in the morning :smile:
Reply 11
that's still fine don't stress it, just call in the morning :smile:

I spoke to them on the live chat instead and they gave me a date when I should receive an update on my application
Reply 12
I spoke to them on the live chat instead and they gave me a date when I should receive an update on my application

that was a good idea too, i hope it’s not too long of a wait

Me I’m still waiting 💔

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending