The Student Room Group

A level problem! urgent!

so i started lower sixth doing Law, French, Chemistry, and English Language. But the thing is, I HATE chemistry now, and as i only did dual award science in GCSE (thats all that was available in my past school) so im already a bit behind. I'm really not going to do well in it if i carry on so i need to change.
i want to study law at uni, and so i need AAA in A2 if possible. I was thinkin about swapping chemistry for either; philosophy, economics, or psychology, or are all of these suggestions to art based, like my other subjects? what would you recommend??
hummm history is quite a useful one with law, but i wouldnt recomend psysho... it is really teadious
Reply 2
but i didnt take history at gcse, do you still think that would be a good idea? i was good at it up until year 9, and my history teacher wanted me to take it. but i just didnt
my friend did history Alevel despite doing it at GCSe, and she got an A. its all about dedication. the best thing to do would be to talk to someone in college? or better still a carrers advicer
Reply 4
cool! thanks for your advice! i will talk to someone in school :smile: is there any other ideas?
You may have a little problem starting history so late into the course......a lot of work! and if you ant to do it as an intensive tha could be difficult, and you could end up diluting your overall grades. Out of the ones you suggest, i would recommend psych, there is a lot of work, but it's interesting and far from tedious! you have english, so law admissions tutors will be happy.and if you want to go into criminal law, psychology can be helpful.
Reply 6
Are you sure psych would be ok to do? criminal law is what i want to do but i just didnt think that psych was as reputable in academic terms as economics or philosophy??
Reply 7
economics is a really kool subject...i really think i should stop plugging it but i absoloutly loved it and it is also a reputable subject too!!!
Reply 8
I am doing Psychology, personally I think it's useful for law :wink:
I would say go for economics.
Reply 10
I did psychology and would really recomend it for 3 reasons. Its interesting, its not difficult, its useful for law.

However if you're not into understanding how human psyche works and are good at logic go for economics. I've noticed that economics A-level is around 80% logical thinking 20% some reading now and then.
Reply 11
Do not even venture to attempt History; at this late stage: it will kill you.

Economics or Psychology, I would deem more viable.
Reply 12
i would go for economics. i loved it and it is not too difficult to get an A. As ciurlis1 said most of it is logical thinking. In the sense that after you learn the all the theory exam questions are easy to answer as all you have to do it put the pieces together. eg. one economic decison will lead to several consequences which will lead to another decision (based on your objective) which leads to more consequences etc.

it's really quite straightforward and looked on by all universities as an excellent subject to have.

Latest

Trending

Trending