The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

What do i need? Its confused the hell out of me... Exeter uni accomodation

Hey guys,

I've just got exeter uni as a firm. But all i've been told is i'm in self catering accomodation, and my desired living area is being 'processed'. I don't know what i'll need to bring!
I mean, a kettle or toaster? Is that necessary, as i'm sharing only a kitchen between 3 to 7 people? I mean i doubt i'll need to bring a fridge or microwave so i don't know if i'm being irrational.
I have to prepare as i'm returning to my home abroad until i leave.
Thank you very much x
ameliachoc
Hey guys,

I've just got exeter uni as a firm. But all i've been told is i'm in self catering accomodation, and my desired living area is being 'processed'. I don't know what i'll need to bring!
I mean, a kettle or toaster? Is that necessary, as i'm sharing only a kitchen between 3 to 7 people? I mean i doubt i'll need to bring a fridge or microwave so i don't know if i'm being irrational.
I have to prepare as i'm returning to my home abroad until i leave.
Thank you very much x

When Exeter allocate your accommodation, they'll send you an accommodation pack detailing what is present in your room and the communal areas, so you can start making a list of what to get from there.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
There's some info here. Generally, though, I would say the best advice is to start out with just the basic things you know you'll need, and see who has what in your flat and what they're prepared to share. Otherwise you tend to end up with the classic "ten tin openers, seven woks, but no potato peeler" scenario...
Reply 3
I took with me: Set of saucepans, 4 large plates, 4 small plates, 4 bowls. 4 sets of cutlery, 2 chopping boards (one large, one small). Cake tins, electric whisk, spatula. Masher, flipper thingy, plastic slotted spoon, plastic normal spoon, wooden spoon. One large and one small knife. Peeler. Kettle (so useful for hot water bottles in winter and so i didn't have to leave my room...) Mixing bowl. Erm. Didn't bother with Iron - never used one xD Some tupperware pots - the sort you get chinese in =) Thats about it really...did get a toaster in the end, but thats cos our toaster was a bit pants =P

Latest

Trending

Trending