The Student Room Group

King's EMDP 2010/2011

Scroll to see replies

A few days till my rejection.....
Original post by Legit
I'd assume with 2-3 weeks. People should start hearing after 25th Feb~
Almost 100% in late Feb/early March.

According to my friend who is on the EMDP, he had 6 days notice which would mean about 2nd March.

Post up here if you dont mind :biggrin:

Will do :smile:
Reply 382
Original post by Master.K
A few days till my rejection.....

What Uni's have you applied for and what have you heard from them so far?:biggrin:
Original post by Legit
I'd assume with 2-3 weeks. People should start hearing after 25th Feb~
Almost 100% in late Feb/early March.

According to my friend who is on the EMDP, he had 6 days notice which would mean about 2nd March.

Post up here if you dont mind :biggrin:

Well I just called, was told that their is no set criteria and that each application would be considered individually (although surely GCSE/A-Level or UKCAT play a part). Also confirmed the interview dates would be the 8th and 9th and that we should start to hear 'within two weeks'.

Nothing groundbreaking really, just thought since they been so quite all this time I might as well ring them up for a chat :tongue:
Reply 384
Original post by RectalExamination
Well I just called, was told that their is no set criteria and that each application would be considered individually (although surely GCSE/A-Level or UKCAT play a part). Also confirmed the interview dates would be the 8th and 9th and that we should start to hear 'within two weeks'.

Nothing groundbreaking really, just thought since they been so quite all this time I might as well ring them up for a chat :tongue:

Ahh!

Within two weeks means by the end of half-term! Sounds good :biggrin:
Original post by Legit
Ahh!

Within two weeks means by the end of half-term! Sounds good :biggrin:

That would give us two weeks notice, not sure about that, she was asking colleagues but I trust what she says. I think the week after next we will know, like 21 march, or at least I hope!
Reply 386
That would give us two weeks notice, not sure about that, she was asking colleagues but I trust what she says. I think the week after next we will know, like 21 march, or at least I hope!

Yup, I was thinking 1 week notice max.
Reply 387
oh my god !!! i am soooo scared this is my only hope :frown:
Reply 388
Original post by pri_123
oh my god !!! i am soooo scared this is my only hope :frown:

No point thinking about it now, just relax and start login into your email like mad after 20th Feb :biggrin:

Take the following days as rest, no news is best!
What do you guys think their view will be on piercing? I've got quite a few obvious ones.. Tragus (the little stickly out thing by your head) and two helixes with rings with balls in the middle of my ear :s-smilie: I don't wanna look like a freak!

And I can't take them out (the tragus possibly) but the other two will hurt... A lot.. ^10

They're ear piercings btw :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 390
Original post by Miss Purple
What do you guys think their view will be on piercing? I've got quite a few obvious ones.. Tragus (the little stickly out thing by your head) and two helixes with rings with balls in the middle of my ear :s-smilie: I don't wanna look like a freak!

And I can't take them out (the tragus possibly) but the other two will hurt... A lot.. ^10

Try take them out, its worth the pain! The helix's sound huge, you dont HAVE to take them out but im sure it doesn't look as smart.

You don't really see Doctors wearing all that stuff do you :biggrin:
Original post by Legit
Try take them out, its worth the pain! The helix's sound huge, you dont HAVE to take them out but im sure it doesn't look as smart.

You don't really see Doctors wearing all that stuff do you :biggrin:

They're not too big, and I can shift the rings so the balls are behind my ear
And the thing is, if I take them out, they'll most likely close :frown: and I'll get a keloid thing that takes months to go away
I could always wear my hair down I guess :|
Reply 392
They're not too big, and I can shift the rings so the balls are behind my ear
And the thing is, if I take them out, they'll most likely close :frown: and I'll get a keloid thing that takes months to go away
I could always wear my hair down I guess :|

Ahh, I don't think they'll reject you cause of some piercings. Nothing to worry about :biggrin:
Reply 393
Original post by Legit
No point thinking about it now, just relax and start login into your email like mad after 20th Feb :biggrin:

Take the following days as rest, no news is best!

Thanks but i get worried just for no reason sometimes just me lol but yeah it out of my control just have to wait.
:smile:

Take them out or make them as least visible as possible, simple as that - does not look smart im sorry to say. They want to see the people they are interviewing as future doctors - for some reason piercings are not part of that picture im afraid.
Take them out or make them as least visible as possible, simple as that - does not look smart im sorry to say. They want to see the people they are interviewing as future doctors - for some reason piercings are not part of that picture im afraid.

definitely hair down. two holes in my ear aren't worth a place
but I physically can't get them out :/
Reply 396
Interview!

Not:biggrin:
Reply 397
^^^ made me jump

please interview us kings:smile:
Reply 398
Original post by blueee:)
^^^ made me jump

please interview us kings:smile: