The Student Room Group

Re-applying for Vet Medicine help

I got A* in Biology and As in Chemistry, Maths and General Studies in my A-levels. I didn't get any offers for vet medicine at university last year so I'm going to be taking a year out and re-applying this September. I've done plenty of work experience so hopefully things will work out better this year!

Anyway, I'm trying to be extra thorough with my application this year so I wanted to ask whether I need to enter my modular results for my A-levels or not. I'm thinking of applying to Nottingham, Edinburgh, Liverpool and Glasgow. Advice would be much appreciated, thanks!
Reply 1
Please?
Reply 2
You need to enter both AS and A2 overall results I think
Reply 3
Firstly congrats! Secondly I would just ring up some of the unis your interested in (maybe not this week because they're probably super busy) and if you're worried about your A2modules just chose a couple of unis that don't ask for modules although I would assume most ask for both.
Reply 4
Thanks =). I'll be sure to ring up and check then. My module results are nearly all As but I have one B in Maths and one B in Biology and I'm not sure whether they would hold those against me or not!
Only Cambridge asks for all module results.
On UCAS, you have to enter the overall A level results (and possibly AS level results).
Reply 6
Awenmir
Thanks =). I'll be sure to ring up and check then. My module results are nearly all As but I have one B in Maths and one B in Biology and I'm not sure whether they would hold those against me or not!

Wow well done, even better. I didn't apply for VetMed, I applied for Architecture, another competitive course. All I can say is that when I applied to Cambridge it comforted me that they said a few lower modules aren't important at all because there are so many other things that are so much more important :smile:
Reply 7
Cambridge ask for modular marks, I think I may have heard Nottm do as well, but I may be wrong with that.

I wouldnt worry about your grades, they are good! Make sure you tick all the other boxes, lots of varied work experience, particulary since you will have time to on a gap year. Extra curricular type stuff etc.
Reply 8
I've just reapplied this year to the same unis as you except Bristol instead of Edinburgh and I didnt enter my module results, but even if you did with your overal a2 results, I'm sure a couple of Bs wouldn't go against you.
Best advice is to work out what let you down last year and really concentrating on improving that. Last year it was my interview skills so this year I really tried to be more prepared and gain much more confidence.
My gap year was the best thing i've ever done ad now I'm off to glasgow in under 3 weeks time :biggrin:
Reply 9
Thanks a lot for the reassurance- I feel much better about this now =]. Congratulations haddie... on getting in too =D!

Latest

Trending

Trending