The Student Room Group

Law degree for other employment

Im planning on studying law in 2006 but im not completely sure at this point whether i want to become a lawyer or work in the sector. I hear alot of talk about how a law degree can be useful in other employment fields but what is the real truth abuot this?

I was torn between business and law as a degree. Would it be resonably easy to be employed in business after finishing uni with a decent law degree?
Reply 1
i sure hope so....thats what i wanna do to!! :biggrin:
Reply 2
guilly
Im planning on studying law in 2006 but im not completely sure at this point whether i want to become a lawyer or work in the sector. I hear alot of talk about how a law degree can be useful in other employment fields but what is the real truth abuot this?

I was torn between business and law as a degree. Would it be resonably easy to be employed in business after finishing uni with a decent law degree?

Yes. It would be like finishing uni with any other degree. Although it must be said that you could do something a little more relevant. Like Economics perhaps. But really it doesnt matter. You can do Biochemistry and then go on to qualify as a lawyer. Your degree, wherever you go and whatever you do, as long as you are successful, will not tie you down.
Reply 3
guilly

I have worked for quite a number of large IT and retail companies. In every case there have been several law graduates among the directors and senior managers. Far more than one would expect on statistical grounds, so it seems a law degree is very well suited to business.
Reply 4
I'm hoping that obtaining the qualification will take me out of the rut I'm in now. Starting the degree is the only thing preventing me from becoming a wobble-top.

Latest

Trending

Trending