The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

University of Kent, "Choose your modules" lol wut?

Okay I logged in, looked at the module choice form, I don't understand anything, it's like chinese points and stuff, pick wild modules, permanent modules, uh???

What does all this stuff mean? Please help! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
A module is something you do studying for and stuff. Universities, education, you know? I hope that you do
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
It seems like a long time ago that I did this (yeah...a whole year!!! :0)

Have you got a booklet from your faculty with the list of modules? That should explain it. There a core modules (that you have to do) and wild modules (something from a different course that you might want to look at).

Have a hunt on the Kent website, there should be lots of info on there.
You probably have a few credits spare to select optional modules of your choice. I know I did in my first year.

Find your handbook, see how many credits you need, see how many credits your compulsary modules require, select the difference in optional modules.

Usually either 2x15 or 1x30 if I remember correctly.
Reply 4
It said I have to use like 150 things, I have not received anything per mail or to be precise I have but the maid threw it away by mistake, any way to find it on the websíte with a description? Also I am not sure how many you can and have to choose, this is all so confusing!!!
Reply 5
Insanity?
It said I have to use like 150 things, I have not received anything per mail or to be precise I have but the maid threw it away by mistake, any way to find it on the websíte with a description? Also I am not sure how many you can and have to choose, this is all so confusing!!!

:troll:
Reply 6
meloncoly
:troll:

No.

It says I have like 150 points or something like that. Check online unless the system is glitched. :/
Reply 7
Insanity?
No.

It says I have like 150 points or something like that. Check online unless the system is glitched. :/

I doubt you're even of university age.
Reply 8
meloncoly

Do you want a SCREENSHOT? :P

WILD MODULE SELECTION:
You must select a total of 120 credits per stage. Taking into account the modules you have selected above, please enter module codes below by ticking the Term checkboxes and setting the Academic Year if you are choosing stage 2 & 3 modules to complete your programme requirements. It is strongly recommended that you take a balance of credits between autumn and spring terms (N.B. For some programmes this is not possible).
meloncoly

You're so mean :rolleyes:

Spoiler

Insanity?

WILD MODULE SELECTION:
You must select a total of 120 credits per stage. Taking into account the modules you have selected above, please enter module codes below by ticking the Term checkboxes and setting the Academic Year if you are choosing stage 2 & 3 modules to complete your programme requirements. It is strongly recommended that you take a balance of credits between autumn and spring terms (N.B. For some programmes this is not possible).

Wild modules are modules from other courses that you might want to look at/ take. So you could take something random. What is it exactly that's confusing you?
katebushfan
You're so mean :rolleyes:

Spoiler

I know, I should have more respect for the bisexual, Catholic, Dutch, Swiss faith schoolers who's maid threw out their Kent welcome pack who send 10k to Kent and yet will be staying in a hotel and renting a small house in Canterbury :p:
meloncoly
I know, I should have more respect for the bisexual, Catholic, Dutch, Swiss faith schoolers who's maid threw out their Kent welcome pack who send 10k to Kent and yet will be staying in a hotel and renting a small house in Canterbury :p:

Haha, is any of the remotely true? I so want it to be. I know the catholic part is...
Reply 13
Insanity?

WILD MODULE SELECTION:

That says nothing about 150 points.

You select a number of credits which equal 120 altogether including your core modules. Comprende?
katebushfan
Haha, is any of the remotely true? I so want it to be. I know the catholic part is...

This is all true according to Insanity? I wonder if s/he can tell us the name of the Swiss boarding school which banned bank accounts. :rolleyes:
OK. Every course has a set number of modules that are compulsory - you have to do these.

In order to pass the year, you have to have taken 120 credits. Each module is worth an amount of credits. Generally as GSG said you'll have about 90 compulsory credits that you have to do, leaving you with the freedom to pick 30 credits - these are your wild modules.

You should have received a booklet detailing all the modules that each school offers - some of them (from memory the Law ones, and some of the Psych ones) are for law or psych students only, but it tells you this. Some of them are introductory ones that are a very brief over view of that subject and some of them are completely wild. I did Introductory Japanese, World Literature and Forensic Science for mine. Wild modules are your chance to pick something up briefly that you're interested in or good at - remember that they all count towards your end of year grade.

Does that help?
meloncoly
This is all true according to Insanity? I wonder if s/he can tell us the name of the Swiss boarding school which banned bank accounts. :rolleyes:

Oh **** I forgot about that hahahaha.

I think what annoys me most about her is that she's pretty much asked to be raped at Kent. It's quite disturbing :P.
katebushfan
Oh **** I forgot about that hahahaha.

I think what annoys me most about her is that she's pretty much asked to be raped at Kent. It's quite disturbing :P.

Definitely asking for some form of violence - not sure which way she swings mind:

Insanity?
I don't have a single male friend and I'm straighter than Sarkozy.

Insanity?
I don't wanna end up doing stuff to some random girl and turn out to have aids...
meloncoly
Definitely asking for some form of violence - not sure which way she swings mind:

Love the aids comment. Love. it.
Reply 19
If he/she is a troll I still like him/her either way. Trolls are the best kind of friends to have around when you're feeling down :p:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending