The Student Room Group

Resits information and questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
I would do the whole thing again in one year
We need to know the total UMS available per unit. It's probably possible but you'll need to work at it.
Reply 382
I would do the whole thing again in one year
Reply 383
Would have posted in resits discussion but the sight of it makes me wanna cut someone :|
So I got ABBB (awaiting remark) at AS. Wanna do medicine (AAA)

Biology - A - 96% | (70%) | 90%
Chemistry - B - (73%) | (70%) | 90%
Maths - B - 84% | (71%) | (77%)
[History] - B - Awaiting remark and dropped

This January I will definitely have:
Maths C3+S2
Chem Unit 4
Bio Unit 4

Is it too ambitious to try and retake Chem 1 AND 2 plus Maths C2+S1 as well as my other modules? I feel capable of at A* in maths (it aint hard, I was just zoned lol), would even do C1 if I didn't have so many others because of how easy it is. Is it worth resitting Bio2 in Jan or waiting till June and potentially having more resits? Aaaanyone with advice would be cool or what would you do if you were me?

Right now I'm thinking: C2+S1 and Chem2 only :s-smilie: or do I go with the 'do as many in jan as u can' cos then I have the chance to do them again in summer...
do them all. otherwise you'll never get to do medicine
The Great Ali
do them all. otherwise you'll never get to do medicine

I agree
Yeah, give them all a shot, it is achievable :smile:
Reply 387
Okay, but even Bio2?? LOL ill have just as many exams as I did last summer :smile:
I would do C2 in the summer, and if you dont have many exams C1 aswell for extra ums, they seem easy compared to C3 and C4 so less revision would be needed. Do chemistry and stats in january but focus on the new exams and secure good grades in those, also means you get all stats modules out of the way so you can concentrate on core maths in the summer. Unless you are applying to unis that request to know ums I wouldn't personally do the biology retake in january, if needs be do it in the summer but if you do well in the january exam it wont be necessary, even if you want an A*.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 390
matt2k8
You'd need to get an A in unit 2 to get a C overall without resitting unit 1.

What subject are we even talking about? And C overall? :s-smilie: confused
CynicaL
What subject are we even talking about? And C overall? :s-smilie: confused

My post got merged from a thread about someone with an E in both their units... I wish common sense would be used a bit more when merging threads
Reply 392
hello :smile:

I was just wondering about re-takes in january2010 for as units if you do worse in your retake will the highest grade go though (the previous exam for the same unit)
The highest grade is used.
Reply 394
matt2k8
My post got merged from a thread about someone with an E in both their units... I wish common sense would be used a bit more when merging threads

Yeah, realised after, my thread got merged into this one.
Reply 395
Hi guys. Im just wondering which should i resit in January because in the universities im going to apply I need AAB-ABB.
My results are:

CHEM1:77 b
CHEM2:105 b
CHM3T:42 b
HBIO1:91 b
HBIO2:78 c :s-smilie:
HBIO3T:38 c
C1:77 b
C2:65 c
S1:69 c

So for AS I got:
H.Bio: 207 C
Chem: 224 B
Maths: 211 B

Im definitely resitting all maths in January but im not sure which unit/s from Chemistry and/or Human Biology I should resit and have a better chance to gain more marks.

I need your opinion guys.
Thank you :smile:
Reply 396
no seemed to have answered...

Is it worth retaking C1 and M1b both in jan or one in july?
As in july , il be doing C1 again to get a higher A.

Also for economics, is it worth retakeing F581 and F582 in jan or one in july?

Iv also got chem unit 2 and the chem unit 3, maths C3 and economics f583 in jan
(edited 13 years ago)
Hey....
I'm doing maths , physics and chemistry in Jan too

Any 1 know a place where we can re sit physics coursework??
I did absolutely terrible, ended up with BCDE in Maths, Computing, Physics, Further Maths. I think I'm one mark off an A in maths so I'll resit c4 where I got a D, I'll also be resitting M2 & FP3(both U's) aswell as CG3(U).

Am I right in thinking 80%+ overall in a subject is an A?
Is it possible to do this?

My EMPA result was the reason I missed out on a B this year

Quick Reply

Latest