The Student Room Group

Resits information and questions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
ovs300
yeah i have and they said that A predictions would be difficult

Go to your Head of Year and explain the situation to them. Show them how determined you are to get the grades. Usuaully they give you like a rial period where you get mentored or something along those lines and if you you show the ability and determination, they will give you your predicted grades.
Not sure about Eng Lit, but for Maths definite retake some of the modules in January. C3/C4 will be more work and learning, but it might also help you out with understanding. You might not have any other exams in January, so it might work out good for you.
Reply 62
how far were you off a C in english? What was needed for a C overall. you could resit your worst exam and try and get the grade up!
320 points is equal to ABB, so you need to maintain psychology, improve english and maths with resits and get high in A2. i got BBCD, dropping the D in geoggers, but i want to get ABB next year aswell
Reply 63
also what exam board was your english on?
Reply 64
Wow, it seems a lot of people did bad on the English Lit.

I'd say retake the Maths modules you did really bad on in January as well, don't re-take 'em all. Plus you're guna have C3 to think about in January as well.
Reply 65
casiogeek
also what exam board was your english on?

All are AQA.
Reply 66
Or what should I drop?
I want to do architecture so I'll need ABB min...
I got: ABCD

Art: A
Psychology: B
Geography: C
Maths: D
(^^c2 was my worst, then S1)

Thank you
i got a D for english lit aswelll
its realli hardddd
Reply 68
sami_1234
its realli hardddd

It looks like everyone is dissapointed with their English result. Including me!:frown:
Reply 69
One of my friends got similar results to the one's you got. She's going to resit some units again that she didnt do to well in, next year. Essentially its up to you whether you want to resit, do you think it'll be worth it? Or do you think you could concentrate on A2 and bring the grades up that way.
Reply 70
Bueno93
All are AQA.

Do you know what the grade boundary was for a C overall? you got 119, which isnt far off i dont think
Reply 71
Bueno93
It looks like everyone is dissapointed with their English result. Including me!:frown:

I got a C overall i think i got 132/200
1 mark off a C in the exam and got a B in the coursework 2 marks off an A
Reply 72
Hi, was just wondering if someone could clarify something for me about A Level resits (I'm starting A Levels in September).

I've heard that some of the top universities don't like resits, does this mean AS module resits are 'out of bounds' or does it just mean they won't let you re-apply if you retake the whole A2 year?

If someone could explain what they mean by this I'd be really grateful :smile:.

Thank you :biggrin:.
Reply 73
sami_1234
its realli hardddd

It is if you don't put effort in and don't learn and apply basic grammar.
Resits usually means the whole A2 year.

And I don't even think Oxbridge mind about AS resits. Some prestigious unis are funny about A2 resits, but then again not many.
Reply 75
casiogeek
Do you know what the grade boundary was for a C overall? you got 119, which isnt far off i dont think

I was 1 mark off a C overall !!!!!!
Omg, that takes the p***. :frown::confused: :mad:
Reply 76
Bueno93
I was 1 mark off a C overall !!!!!!
Omg, that takes the p***. :frown::confused: :mad:

yeahh i got a D on the exam, 1 mark off a C. i'd get a remark if i were you, thats what im gonna do
I am wondering where I am with this.

Last year, I took AS Chemistry, AS Physics, and A2 Biology.

Got BBB in all three subjects unfortunately.

This year I'll be taking A2 Chemistry and A2 Physics. I want to resit one module in A2 Biology this year, but my collage are getting funny about me redoing A2 modules even though I'd still be a student at the college.

Are they being unreasonable?
Is there a way around this?...........maybe sit the module at another college?

Advice would be appreciated.
Reply 78
Are they just being funny because they have to pay for it?
You could offer to pay?

Not sure if you could do it at another college, best thing would be to ask them?
Reply 79
Just got my results today, I am planning to study law at Uni, still undecided but i really like Birmingham, i have got my As results which follow
Law - A
History - B
English Lit - C

I was expecting a high B or a low A and i really don't fancy a remark as im paranoid it could go down, should i resit and try and strive for my A/B or should i just work all out and try for an A for my overall A level by getting a really good mark next year.

I don't know if the situation for me is do able as i need 3 As for most Unis but i am also doing Extended project which would help my application to most, so yes help please :confused: :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest