The Student Room Group

Resits information and questions

Scroll to see replies

Boo_x
Are they just being funny because they have to pay for it?
You could offer to pay?

Not sure if you could do it at another college, best thing would be to ask them?

I would end up paying the resit fee (£35) myself.

They're annoying me because they only have this policy because of people with Es or Us trying to reapply.
Reply 81
Masderchef
I would end up paying the resit fee (£35) myself.

They're annoying me because they only have this policy because of people with Es or Us trying to reapply.

Ah unfortunately policy is policy but you could try talking to your biology teacher about it?
Why do you want to resit? Was it just one module that went badly?

At the end of the day at least you could pay and still resit, it's not a total nono.
damos92
It is if you don't put effort in and don't learn and apply basic grammar.

hmmm... no ... jus do dat wen im typin
Boo_x
Ah unfortunately policy is policy but you could try talking to your biology teacher about it?

At the end of the day at least you could pay and still resit, it's not a total nono.

How about your biology teacher verii crap and when asking him for advise... he said i dont think you should do biology
Boo_x

I got an A in every module (AS and A2) for Biology, except for the last one where I got a D. This brought my grade down from a 'safe A' to a high B.

The policy just seems petty as I'd be there next year anyway.
Reply 85
Masderchef
I got an A in every module (AS and A2) for Biology, except for the last one where I got a D. This brought my grade down from a 'safe A' to a high B.

The policy just seems petty as I'd be there next year anyway.

Oh it seems reasonable for you to want to resit then, they're just been arsey as it's policy probably. Try again with the chat after the A2 leaving lot have been sorted, good luck :smile:
Cheerz.
Bueno93
It looks like everyone is dissapointed with their English result. Including me!:frown:

yh u guess:frown:
I will doing my in [Bio, Chem, Phy] A2 next year. However, I was wondering. . .While I will be doing my A2 and at the same time I want to repeat one or two units of my AS level [Edexcel board]. Will I be allowed to do that?
Reply 89
Basically when I apply for 2011 entry I will have B , D , E. Current AS Grades
yet The B should be very easy to get up to a A with a January retake of the first unit
The D I should be able to get a C/B With Good Results throughout the A2
and Im dropping the E Subject and taking up fast track business Course (AS + A2 In one year).

Which would leave me with fairly respectable results at the end of next academic year
but for now the bottom line is I only have B , D , E Which looks quite poor
My question is that how can I indicate to Uni's that Im retaking & doing a new subject
or will they merely base there decision on my B,D,E Grades?.

Very new to the whole Uni application thing and would really appericate a little bit of help.
Reply 90
I just got my A2 results and I need to desperately re-sit my second year of German/re-take the module I got an E in and I'm really lost with how to do this.

Not many colleges around here offer German as an A-Level anyway, and the ones that do don't do the same exam board, and my 6th Form won't let me re-sit at their school as I'm too old.

I've tried contacting the colleges, but I was wondering how sitting as an external candidate and teaching myself at home would work?
Reply 91
Urgent!!! (LONDON ONLY -- PLACES OF RESIT)
I thought that we could pay a small amount to get a photocopy of our papers if we wanted to see where we went wrong; I want to do this with a bunch of Maths papers and two History ones. Is it possible?
morrison11
I thought that we could pay a small amount to get a photocopy of our papers if we wanted to see where we went wrong; I want to do this with a bunch of Maths papers and two History ones. Is it possible?

You sure can http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showpost.php?p=26757121&postcount=1
pagrant
Urgent!!! (LONDON ONLY -- PLACES OF RESIT)

What is wrong with your curren school/sixth form?

Most colleges should allow it as long as you contact them about it.
Reply 95
letsdothetimewarpagain
What is wrong with your curren school/sixth form?

Most colleges should allow it as long as you contact them about it.

They don't do Jan resits
Reply 96
I'm going to have to retake A2 for both biology and chemistry :sigh: yey. However, in order to do this my school says I need to take up another subject. I've got an AS in history, do you think it's worth just doing the A2 for that?

Also, I know uni's look down on resits but will it be different seeming as I have extenuating circumstances?
skunky x
I just got my A2 results and I need to desperately re-sit my second year of German/re-take the module I got an E in and I'm really lost with how to do this.

Not many colleges around here offer German as an A-Level anyway, and the ones that do don't do the same exam board, and my 6th Form won't let me re-sit at their school as I'm too old.

I've tried contacting the colleges, but I was wondering how sitting as an external candidate and teaching myself at home would work?

If you manage to find a place where you can sit the exams externally then it should be fairly simplish to do, colleges are the best place to do this. If you only need to do the one module then do so, it's cheaper and a lot easier if you don't have to re-do the oral. Language exam resits do tend to be more expensive than other ones though :sadnod:
sammyvine
Is it possible to retake in January and go up alot?

My sister got C D D D in Sociology, Business, Politics and English and obviously she is really dissapointed.

She doesnt really know weather to carry on to A2 or do the entire year again (which seems like hard work).

The only thing about re-taking in january is the amount of work load you will have (doing AS and A2 ) so basically she's stuck.

P.S. She's not applying for uni this year. She's always planned on taking a gap year to travel and go to the US.

What do you advise?

What were the individual unit grades? If it was like me where she has one really good unit and a poor one for each of the grades then it will be a lot easier for her to resit than having to resit two for each.

Have a look at each unit and see the best exams to resit in order to bring her grades up to a more preferable level in as few as resits as possible.
Reply 99
letsdothetimewarpagain
If you manage to find a place where you can sit the exams externally then it should be fairly simplish to do, colleges are the best place to do this. If you only need to do the one module then do so, it's cheaper and a lot easier if you don't have to re-do the oral. Language exam resits do tend to be more expensive than other ones though :sadnod:

Luckily, I don't think it's the Oral that needs redoing- though I did get a D in that... I suck ¬_¬

Will I have to do the exam board they use or could they order in any exam paper if I pay for it?

Quick Reply

Latest