University College London
London
Reply 1
No one is sad enough to.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Oh ****, I'm just going to go log myself out now with the shame I'm feeling...

Thanks for the input though!
Reply 3
touchpad
No one is sad enough to.

It is frankly advisable to attend a few extra lectures in the beginning, so you can decide sooner whether you made the right choice for modules or course even.

But you must lead a very happy life in order to leave such response.
Reply 4
Noogle
Is this allowed? If I would like to sit in on the lectures for a module that I'm not actually taking is that a no-no? I have no optional modules this year and there's one that I'm sad to not be taking, and if it didn't clash with something else I was doing I wouldn't mind sitting in and listening, just out of interest.

Does anyone do this?

Yes yes I know what ya mean, I'm doing italian, but also wanna fresh up my french, so i thought about this as well haha.. i dont think it should be a problem, if it's just a small group you may ask the programm leader?!
Reply 5
Ooo extra lectures, that could be the sloution to the problem I was having :smile: Good shout OP, I'm going to ask my Uni about this.
Noogle
Is this allowed? If I would like to sit in on the lectures for a module that I'm not actually taking is that a no-no? I have no optional modules this year and there's one that I'm sad to not be taking, and if it didn't clash with something else I was doing I wouldn't mind sitting in and listening, just out of interest.

Does anyone do this?

It perfectly fine to enter lectures! As long as your not late and their not of a private nature (A lecture on post-mortons e.g.).
Reply 7
Kikixo
Yes yes I know what ya mean, I'm doing italian, but also wanna fresh up my french, so i thought about this as well haha.. i dont think it should be a problem, if it's just a small group you may ask the programm leader?!

Yeah I suppose I'll have a word with whoever is my tutor about if people do this. I imagine if it's a big class they probably wouldn't notice you attending anyway.
Reply 8
Jonnyish
Ooo extra lectures, that could be the sloution to the problem I was having :smile: Good shout OP, I'm going to ask my Uni about this.

Glad I could help! I reckon going along to the extra lectures would help me have a general overview of my subject.
Reply 9
Never known anyone to do this to be honest. Although I did almost sit through a Physics lecture by accident due to arriving for my lecture an hour early once.
Reply 10
Law-Undergrad
It perfectly fine to enter lectures! As long as your not late and their not of a private nature (A lecture on post-mortons e.g.).

Thanks for this. Is it a common occurance? I guess there are no roll calls or anything? :biggrin:
Noogle
Thanks for this. Is it a common occurance? I guess there are no roll calls or anything? :biggrin:

Your from Belfast? QUB by any chance? If so - there is no issue at all!!!
Reply 12
Sounds fine to me. Just don't neglect the modules you are actually taking!
Reply 13
Jinru
It is frankly advisable to attend a few extra lectures in the beginning, so you can decide sooner whether you made the right choice for modules or course even.

But you must lead a very happy life in order to leave such response.

The OP has no optional modules this year.
Reply 14
Law-Undergrad
Your from Belfast? QUB by any chance? If so - there is no issue at all!!!

I'm from Belfast yeah, but I'll be going to UCL. I imagine the policy will be generally the same everywhere though.
Reply 15
jimbo139
Sounds fine to me. Just don't neglect the modules you are actually taking!

Haha yeah of course. :biggrin: I just thought it'd be nice to sit in on a different lecture here and there, it'd all be from the same department [archaeology] so it'd all be beneficial.
Reply 16
touchpad
The OP has no optional modules this year.

:rolleyes:

she could still change course :p:

but yeah, no one really goes into extra lectures
You probably could sit in, no one does though. Your time would probably be better spent going over your own notes and making sure you can do all your work. There are plenty of evening lectures which are designed to be interesting on lots of random subjects and often have somewhat famous guest speakers.
Reply 18
Jinru
:rolleyes:

she could still change course :p:

but yeah, no one really goes into extra lectures

She could change course, but I very much doubt she will over 1 module.
Reply 19
I didn't imply over 1 module at all? :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending