The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Economics

Most students i see get 9s and 8s at GCSE, but i have a few 7s, I know it sounds silly but will this reduce the competitiveness of my application?

Also I’m only taking 3 A levels ( Maths, FM, and Econ) along with an EPQ (and i’m doing supercurriculars). Is my application less competitive because I only take 3 A levels?

I’m in Y12 btw
Original post by somkenee
Most students i see get 9s and 8s at GCSE, but i have a few 7s, I know it sounds silly but will this reduce the competitiveness of my application?

Also I’m only taking 3 A levels ( Maths, FM, and Econ) along with an EPQ (and i’m doing supercurriculars). Is my application less competitive because I only take 3 A levels?

I’m in Y12 btw
Hi, so the Economics course for LSE is very competitive. I would advice you to maybe start a 4rth A-level if that's possible, since students lately are doing whatever they can to become more competitive. Also have in mind that LSE takes into account IGCSE results, maybe more than other universities and therefore a 4rth A-level would definitely look good on your application-- maybe choose something mathematical rather than theoretical like Physics, since the Economics course is very mathematical.
Also make sure to really stand out on your personal statement-- although extracurriculars and work experience are important, they are not as important as academics, therefore you should really showcase your interest for the course and the best way to do that is research modules from the course and independently learn maybe a few economic theories or mathematical concepts that you will learn at university.-- use courses, extra readings such as academic articles and books and maybe even public lectures at LSE ( have in mind that its good to showcase your interest for LSE as well-not be specifically mentioning its name, but by maybe mentioning some public lectures that you attended or watched online)
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending