The Student Room Group

Student Finance Application For Second Year - Not First

Hi,
I'm going to uni this year and have saved enough money to fund my first year of uni. I'm hoping to do the same for next year cos I have a part time job. I'm worried though that if I don't save enough money for my second year of uni, am i still eligible to apply for a student loan in my second year?
Basically what I wanted to know is can I apply for a student loan for my second/third year of uni without applying for the first year??
Any replies would be greatly appreciated :smile: xxxxx
PersonA
Hi,
I'm going to uni this year and have saved enough money to fund my first year of uni. I'm hoping to do the same for next year cos I have a part time job. I'm worried though that if I don't save enough money for my second year of uni, am i still eligible to apply for a student loan in my second year?
Basically what I wanted to know is can I apply for a student loan for my second/third year of uni without applying for the first year??

Although I'm not 100 percent sure, it doesn't sound like a problem to me. For Student Finance to only need to fund a student through two as opposed to three years, they won't see that as a problem I should think. However the best action you could take would be to phone them and to explain the situation for a confirmed answer and piece of mind. :smile:
Reply 2
thankyou xx
Reply 3
What is the conclusion? Can you apply for the second/third year?
Reply 4
Original post by q0ark
What is the conclusion? Can you apply for the second/third year?

you can, I asked one of their representatives this question and they said you can.
Reply 5
Cool. Cheers!
Reply 6
Hello!
I am currently in your situation, @q0ark, well, kind of
- I funded my 1st year with no loans , but now I have to apply for student finance for the second year. I am also an EU student.

My question is - can I still fill out form EUPR1a - that is, continuing student form, no income assessed
or
do I have to go all the way and fill out EU11n - that is, the basic new student application form for first year... (but id doesn't really fit, as I will be continuing my studies, the course will continue, not begin on 2011)

Many thanks if someone can help with this,
it is quite messy when you try to understand, what is the right form and the time is running out :O

Thanks!
Kate
Reply 7
Original post by PersonA
Hi,
As far as I know you can do this. You have to apply for each year, and are asked to state at that point what loans you want (you don't have to have everything they offer). You should ask them whether you need to register with them, even if you don't want loans this year, so that next year it's straightforward if you do need the loan.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending