The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Jesus played in a grand total of 5? Yes they looked better more recently but he's still an unproven 19 year old.
Not a great result today but we're not out. It's completely understandable why Pep didn't play his strongest squad with the Champions League coming up on Tuesday.

And... We finally get an FA cup home game! :biggrin:

Also, congratulations and respect to Lincoln for getting to the final 8!
(edited 7 years ago)
Erm, this game is rather insane...
Original post by Tiger Rag
Erm, this game is rather insane...

For a neutral that must have been a crazy match!

As a City fan... pfft I don't know what I watched defensively, should have had a penalty but a two goal advantage to take to Monaco will do! :biggrin: What a game! Seems the other Champions League match tonight was also a cracker, 14 goals in two games!

Seems Willy is quite a penalty stopper, first the League Cup final heroics and now this! Also, good to see Sergio scoring!
Original post by clarkey500
For a neutral that must have been a crazy match!

As a City fan... pfft I don't know what I watched defensively, should have had a penalty but a two goal advantage to take to Monaco will do! :biggrin: What a game! Seems the other Champions League match tonight was also a cracker, 14 goals in two games!

Seems Willy is quite a penalty stopper, first the League Cup final heroics and now this! Also, good to see Sergio scoring!

I'm a City fan and couldn't understand why that wasn't a penalty.
Original post by Tiger Rag
I'm a City fan and couldn't understand why that wasn't a penalty.

Same! Although we would have had to score it and some of our penalties this season have been awful although Yaya would have probably finished it. Great game though!
Surprised to see Jesus (Navas) make an appearance this evening. As Lent has begun, I thought he would be in the wilderness for 40 days.
Original post by KingHarold
Surprised to see Jesus (Navas) make an appearance this evening. As Lent has begun, I thought he would be in the wilderness for 40 days.

:biggrin::biggrin:

5-1, good game, good result. They (Huddersfield) played well, especially in the first 20ish minutes but they couldn't cope when we went into top gear. Nice to see Aleix play well as well. Could have scored more but never mind. Anyway, through to the quarter finals where we have been, again, drawn away to Premier League opposition...
Good game today and another clean sheet, whole team played well! Onwards and upwards we go. Stoke midweek at the Etihad!
Great performance today, could have scored more but a win is a win! We're off to Wembley! Next up Monaco on Wednesday!
How we lost that I don't know (other than a few dodgy refereeing decisions as per usual).

Only positives are that hopefully it means Pep and co. can really rethink how to play and pick up on in which positions we need new players in the summer to win some silverware next season.
How we lost that I don't know (other than a few dodgy refereeing decisions as per usual).

Only positives are that hopefully it means Pep and co. can really rethink how to play and pick up on in which positions we need new players in the summer to win some silverware next season.

New GK, new CBs, new fullbacks, new controller for midfield.
I see Jesus saved City from defeat today!
Original post by barnetlad
I see Jesus saved City from defeat today!

Yes, he's starting to show his ability again - even after being injured for 2.5 months! The starting lineup was a very interesting selection from Pep today but without any wingers it was always going to be hard against a very defensive team.
A very fiery game today but the right result gained! Good to see Aguero back after injury and having Kompany fit and playing.
The Ladies team won the FA Cup
Original post by Rock Fan
The Ladies team won the FA Cup

Sorry, I've been really busy lately! Indeed, the ladies are a fantastic team and have done really well as of late. They got so close to reaching the Final of the Champions League (2-3 on aggregate) and are virtually unchallenged in the English league. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal have all got very good ladies teams however, so they can't get too complacent.
Sorry, I've been really busy lately! Indeed, the ladies are a fantastic team and have done really well as of late. They got so close to reaching the Final of the Champions League (2-3 on aggregate) and are virtually unchallenged in the English league. Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal have all got very good ladies teams however, so they can't get too complacent.

For sure there are good teams in that league so yeah the City ladies can't rest on their laurels.
Reply 5999
Lol the entire defence is gone, Pep should have done that a season ago in all honesty.

Quick Reply

Latest