The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
If you don't take advantage when you're on top things always seem to end up bad. Wolves should have scored more than 1 in the first half and they paid for it, what a crumble at the start of the second half though :facepalm2:

City played some good stuff, Dzeko looked half decent.
Reply 981
The opening 30 minutes flattered Wolves, we play at a tempo we can sustain for 90 minutes so we'll obviously be troubled by a reckless high tempo game. As they tired we took control and made them pay. Ridiculous penalty and I think that was the first goal we've conceded directly from a corner under Mancini. I have a lot of respect for McCarthy but he needs to be less naive if he wants to stay in the league; once you have the goal advantage you shut up shop and hope for the best.

Dzeko had a good game but somehow Tevez has managed to up his game again. Best striker in the league.
Reply 982
What a dull match.
Reply 983
Original post by Jeppasloth
The opening 30 minutes flattered Wolves, we play at a tempo we can sustain for 90 minutes so we'll obviously be troubled by a reckless high tempo game. As they tired we took control and made them pay. Ridiculous penalty and I think that was the first goal we've conceded directly from a corner under Mancini. I have a lot of respect for McCarthy but he needs to be less naive if he wants to stay in the league; once you have the goal advantage you shut up shop and hope for the best.
Dzeko had a good game but somehow Tevez has managed to up his game again. Best striker in the league.

Tell Holloway that :p:
Reply 984
Original post by Deshi
Tell Holloway that :p:

What a run by your man Toure for his goal :coma: I hope they show it on MoTD so the idiot in front of me can see how not lazy he is.
Reply 985
Toure is too much of a beast. My favourite Arsenal player, RvP, is also killing it ffs :coma:
Reply 986
I never liked RVP. He just looks really, insufferably smug, all the time. He's like Arsenal FC made flesh ffs.
Reply 987
RVP is a mug.

**** match earlier, ref may as well have been wearing gold. some seriously shocking decisions. im still not convinced the goal crossed the line tbh. I keeked it in the last 5 mins,
While your second goal from Tevez will get all the attention (and rightfully so, it was exquisite), Yaya Toure's goal was one of the better goals I've seen recently. Amazing counter attacking.
Reply 989

Ridiculous penalty

Blatant penalty, Lescott just charged through the back of him, hopeless attempt at defending.

Yaya is such a beast. And Tevez's goal was just :zomg:
Reply 990
Original post by R-KAM
Blatant penalty, Lescott just charged through the back of him, hopeless attempt at defending.

Yaya is such a beast. And Tevez's goal was just :zomg:

Oh I know, I meant ridiculously idiotic for Lescott to fall over onto a player running away from goal. I'm not that biased :wink:
Reply 991

Oh I know, I meant ridiculously idiotic for Lescott to fall over onto a player running away from goal. I'm not that biased :wink:

Haha, good good. I wasn't sure :teehee:
Dzecko looked good considering he hasn't played in a while, especially in the second half. That man got some fancy footwork.
Reply 993
Original post by theultimateplu
Dzecko looked good considering he hasn't played in a while, especially in the second half. That man got some fancy footwork.

Looked very controlled and measured to me. Always looked like he knew what he was going to do next which is good. I was worried he wouldn't fit into our fluid system but on yesterdays performance he will.

Important we don't lose touch before the CL games because around about then United hit a very tough run of games and Arsenal may start to lose players to injury.
Reply 994
I think we may be setting our sights a bit high. Ferguson's record suggests United probably aren't going to have some sort of giant, embarrassing capitulation in this half of the campaign, and while Arsenal can't really say the same, they are looking a lot better this year.

I would be plenty happy with a top four finish, and we look on course for that.
Indeed we do. Makes me very happy. And we should be able to keep the pressure up on United with the next few fixtures, none look too taxing.
Reply 996
Right now 7 points separate 4th and 1st. Now obviously if United hit the form they've hit in seasons gone by we have no chance but really, what is there to suggest they will? Putting SAF aside they're a shadow of their former selves.

There are far far far too many uncertainties to rule anything out. Dzeko helped Wolfsburg to their first title in years, Toure won a CL, Silva is first choice for the best side in the world, Toure was part of the invicibles, Balotelli was voted best young player in Europe, Adebayor and Tevez have both scored 25+ goals in this league, Mancini managed Inter to a record number of consecutive wins, De Jong played in a world cup final. Our players know how to perform when the pressure is on and they certainly have the talent too. We just need for it to all come together. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 997
Man Utd will go into administration and the title will be Man City's.
Right now 7 points separate 4th and 1st. Now obviously if United hit the form they've hit in seasons gone by we have no chance but really, what is there to suggest they will? Putting SAF aside they're a shadow of their former selves.

There are far far far too many uncertainties to rule anything out. Dzeko helped Wolfsburg to their first title in years, Toure won a CL, Silva is first choice for the best side in the world, Toure was part of the invicibles, Balotelli was voted best young player in Europe, Adebayor and Tevez have both scored 25+ goals in this league, Mancini managed Inter to a record number of consecutive wins, De Jong played in a world cup final. Our players know how to perform when the pressure is on and they certainly have the talent too. We just need for it to all come together. Maybe it will, maybe it won't.

Putting SAF aside? What? Have you been at the crack again?

Why are you mentioning Ade? It's quite clear he has no future at City.
Reply 999
Pedro tends to get picked ahead of Silva for Spain nowadays.

Quick Reply

Latest