The Student Room Group

The Manchester City Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
Aguero fantastic signing, £35m is good value.
Reply 1781
Original post by MoMatrix

Im convinced you're not an Arsenal fan. Ive never ever seen you give out praise on Arsenals board (even though you apparently support them) but you freely give it out here?
Reply 1782
Original post by Hoozo
Im convinced you're not an Arsenal fan. Ive never ever seen you give out praise on Arsenals board (even though you apparently support them) but you freely give it out here?

You sure? Just because you dont agree with Wenger's transfer policy you aren't a legitimate fan? City go about signing players quick and efficiently. To win you have to spend. The truth hurts.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1783
You sure? Just because you dont agree with Wenger's transfer policy you aren't a legitimate fan? City go about signing players quick and efficiently. To win you have to spend. The truth hurts.

Its not about Wenger's spending plan, its the fact that I have never seen you post a single positive thing about Arsenal in my time on TSR. Sounds like you are really getting behind your team.
Reply 1784
Original post by Hoozo
Its not about Wenger's spending plan, its the fact that I have never seen you post a single positive thing about Arsenal in my time on TSR. Sounds like you are really getting behind your team.

What is positive at the moment about Arsenal?

-No trophies for six years.
-Top players being linked with moves away from the club.
-Failure to address glaring defensive problems for years.
-Lazy/Demotivated nature of the squad.
-Manager who is stubborn and hasn't adapted to the new challenges in the PL.
-Highest ticket prices in the PL, with a 6% rise in season tickets.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1785
What is positive at the moment about Arsenal?

-No trophies for six years.
-Top players being linked with moves away from the club.
-Failure to address glaring defensive problems for years.
-Lazy/Demotivated nature of the squad.
-Manager who is stubborn and hasn't adapted to the new challenges in the PL.
-Highest ticket prices in the PL, with a 6% rise in season tickets.

Because those are all negatives. There are positives aswell:

Consistent CL football
Club is in a healthy financial position despite having recently moved stadium.
Sports some of the worlds best players
Admired youth system
Admired style of play.

And although many of the things you have said are true, true fans will also pick out the positives from their team and if you are telling that Arsenal FC dont have one single positive then Im not convinced that you are a real fan or you are deluded.
Reply 1786
Original post by Hoozo
Because those are all negatives. There are positives aswell:

Consistent CL football
Club is in a healthy financial position despite having recently moved stadium.
Sports some of the worlds best players
Admired youth system
Admired style of play.

And although many of the things you have said are true, true fans will also pick out the positives from their team and if you are telling that Arsenal FC dont have one single positive then Im not convinced that you are a real fan or you are deluded.

Style of play- counts for nothing if you cannot turn that into silverware.
Youth system- how many youth prospects have made it into our first team?
Fab and Nas two of our best players angling for moves away from the club, tells you about the club situation.
Consistent CL football- matter of time before we drop out of the top 4 the way we're going.

This is a City forum incase you didn't notice.
Reply 1787
Fab and Nas two of our best players angling for moves away from the club, tells you about the club situation.
Consistent CL football- matter of time before we drop out of the top 4 the way we're going.

Yes but you are an Arsenal fan and my point is you have never said anything good about Arsenal. Why is that? A true fan gets behind their club, not slate them at every opportunity. I mean seriously you support Arsenal and you cant find one positive thing to say???? The drop out of the top 4 bit we hear every year.
Original post by Hoozo
Yes but you are an Arsenal fan and my point is you have never said anything good about Arsenal. Why is that? A true fan gets behind their club, not slate them at every opportunity. I mean seriously you support Arsenal and you cant find one positive thing to say???? The drop out of the top 4 bit we hear every year.

Don't hijack the City thread...It's a rule that all our posts are at least 5 hours apart.

I can see Chelsea snapping him up before City do.

Hope not though, would love to see City finish above Utd this year.
Reply 1790
Original post by Rolling Stoner
I can see Chelsea snapping him up before City do.

Hope not though, would love to see City finish above Utd this year.

That's going to be tough for Chelsea, seeing as how we signed him yesterday.
Original post by Laertes
That's going to be tough for Chelsea, seeing as how we signed him yesterday.

Ha, I need to check Sky Sports more offen :colondollar:
"Yes, I like it there," he added. "Scoring those goals at Wembley was amazing - the cup final goal was the best moment of my career.

From a man who's won the CL and a few La Liga's.

I really do like Yaya, at times he can be lazy if he thinks the games already won but he definitely turns up when he's needed.
Reply 1793
As if winning the Fa Cup against Stoke is a bigger momment than winning the champions league.
Original post by L18
As if winning the Fa Cup against Stoke is a bigger momment than winning the champions league.

Of course the CL is much bigger, but winning the FA Cup isn't just from a one off against Stoke, we had to beat United others as well.

For Yaya it may have been more of an achievement to be pivotal in winning a first trophy in 35years, than being less important in a team that always wins.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1795
Original post by L18

He didn't say winning the FA Cup was better than winning the Champions League.
He said scoring the goal that won the FA Cup was better than winning the Champions League. There is a difference.
Reply 1796
ah, Balotelli has so much potential. I hope Aguero's arrival doesnt mean he's kept on the sidelines... and hopefully Tevez does leave, although that doesnt seem likely with the 50m pricetag?

he needs an amazing role-model tbh. Viera obviously didnt work... Yaya seems quite chilled out and not the influential type.

(oooohh? on bbc news just now, swap deal for tevez with eto'o? that would be absolutely beastly.)
Guidetti only signed his contract because he was promised first team football so there's another chunk of playing time gone.
What position do you think your team will honestly finish? just out of interest
Reply 1799
Anyone have a season ticket at Eastlands last season?

If so, out of the West Midlands Big Four - Villa, Blues, West Brom and Wolves - who brought the most fans and who brought the least fans?

And who made the most noise and who made the least noise?

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest